PDA

View Full Version : Wanna convert your FAA licence?

ChuckYeager
11th Apr 2001, 16:18
Hallo everyone, this is my first post here.
To whom it may concern:
The Italian Aviation Organization(ENAC) will keep on converting non JAA licences according to the old ragulations. No 650 theory or stuff like that: in a federated aeroclub the course duration is three months, and flight activity lasts as little as three hours, assuming that you're current. They'll probably do it in English too, but ask before.

Peter Pan
12th Apr 2001, 12:27
Good news then ?!!

What would be the procedure then ,

1st you go to Italia, learn, sit the written exam, then 2 flight test, then ask for conversion Italian to JAR ?!!?

Dirk
13th Apr 2001, 21:13
More info please !

What exactly are the old regulations ?
I hold a South African CPL/IR/ME and have 520 hours total time of which 300 twin/turbine as P2.
Will this convert to an Italian license ???
I don't speak Italian !
Any info much appreciated, prices, places to go etc.
Cheers
Dirk

ChuckYeager
14th Apr 2001, 00:49
Ok Ok OK,
why I posted and what I know: I'm Italian, I hold a FAA license and I was looking for some place to convert it cheaply. Here you can do it, until next year at least. I don't know if you can take the exams in english, I just suppose that, since other countries as Portugal do that. What you have to do is contact some Italian Aeroclub and ask. I don't know how they'll convert it from Italian to JAA license, I can just suppose it'll be kinda automatic since Italy belongs to JAA. We are doing this because we weren't able to apply the new regulations as it's Italy and not a first world country. I posted just becouse I though it could have been useful to somebody, that's it. Anyway look at www.Rai-enac.it, (http://www.Rai-enac.it,) go to links and enter Aeroclub d'Italia, You'll find a list of aeroclubs with phone numbers. that's what I know, boys.
Happy landings to everyone

Dirk
14th Apr 2001, 10:12
OK Thanks for your help... will check out that website.
Regards
Dirk

Airspeed
17th Apr 2001, 07:51
Good to hear the news. I will check into it more indepth. I have an FAA ATP, DC-9 and B-727 Type Rating, 17,000 hours, applying for a JAA 1st Class Medical at Gatwick first week of May and applying for my Italian citizenship through my wife's grandfather. Good the get the conversion news. Hope it is accurate. Would hate to go through the 23 week course in the UK. Go figure.
Thanks Any more information would be appreciated.

Loc-out
18th Apr 2001, 14:42
Why would you want to convert you FAA Licence into a JAA Licence? The Danish SLV are issuing validations on the strength of FAA licences and appear to re newing after every 12 months.

ChuckYeager
19th Apr 2001, 01:08
I didn't know that, very very good news: may you give me some phone number, or website to check this out? I'd appreciate it very much,
thanks. Feel free to email me at Mustang78.katamail.com

chuck yeager
21st Apr 2001, 04:52
You using my name?

Flying_Steph
23rd Apr 2001, 21:46
A JAA validation based on an FAA licence... Yeah, why not ? But what for ? Who would want to hire you if you had a licence that could be turned into confettis in just a snap and that might not be renewed the following year ?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe CAAs dont even have to justify themselves when they take your validation back !

Playing with validations is a risky business. It's the "Canada Dry" of all licences: looks like a licence, smells like it, feels like a it, but it's just a temporary paper.

PorcoRosso
24th Apr 2001, 02:37
Hi guys
I am hoding an FAA CPL/IR, and a UK CPL/IR
What appears to me is :
If you go in Italia to do this conversion, it will be fine if you fly here, but am pretty sure your italian JAA licence will not be accepted by other JAA members.
I am french, and if I ask UK my JAA licence, this one won't be JAA for french authorities.
Be very careful before investing money in this game ...
My feeling are the same as Flying Steph's

------------------
[email protected]
"Flying is not dangerous, crashing is"