PDA

View Full Version : Comical Etihad Website

MrSoft
9th Jan 2008, 10:57
I give up with Etihad. The website must have been built by monkeys.

It offers you some flight options, you choose one, then tells you "Sorry, we were unable to find that option. Try again".

Its homepage never remembers you're from the UK (simple cookie problem) Emirates has this problem also.

Beware! it sometimes offers you a nice biz fare on the selector, then this fare mysteriously jumps up a grand on your check-out page, with no explanation.

As of yesterday, it has a big banner ad touting biz offers. You click through and get an html error page, how embarrassing. Similarly, they have a banner on Expedia which must have cost them a mint. Click on it, and nothing happens.

I wonder if anyone in EY would care to comment on their anti-sales marketing strategy?

undersiege
9th Jan 2008, 12:15
Just tell the crew and flight deck to stop eating all the cookies. It might work then.:E:E:E:p:p:p:p

CT7
9th Jan 2008, 13:11
Wot cookies? I haven't found those yet..... Lebanese Nuts sure but cookies...

MrSoft
9th Jan 2008, 14:01
I did get a case of "lebanese nuts" lthe first time I used the seat massager, it's true.

Salusa
9th Jan 2008, 18:20
I agree 100%

I tried to book a flight with them last year through their website and gave up in the end.

Price would jump all over the place and when I finally made the booking at the price stated the site 'crashed' to some internal error page.

I went Emirates in the end despite them being more pricey and less direct route.

Monkeytoo
11th Jan 2008, 18:59
I don't know whether it is worth mentioning but I have been finding that I can get better deals on flights with Etihad and Emirates through Travel Agents rather than on their websites - which seems strange I know but always worthwhile checking out.:ok:

Big Harvey
13th Jan 2008, 23:56
Monkeytoo is spot on. The same thing applies to most airlines, and I've never understood why.

EC-ILS
14th Jan 2008, 20:06
I have the unfortunate pleasure of dealing with EY in my job and my opinion is that although the service onboard etc seems to be good, everything else seems quite amateur, it certainly makes me appreciate the likes of BA etc alot more.