PDA

View Full Version : Error message

ZILLI
9th Jan 2008, 09:03
I have been visiting a certain website for years without any problems, and suddenly yesterday I have been getting this message,

Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a0009'
Subscript out of range: 'intLoggedInUserSkin'
/forum/functions/functions_forumskins.asp, line 4

This happens if I use IE or aol to get on the website. I am not very computer savvy, I have googled the error message, but I cant make head or tail out of the explanations given. Anyone have any answers or easy fixes please? Many thanks.

airborne_artist
9th Jan 2008, 10:17
Care to tell us the website's URL? (or perhaps not :E) - it's a problem at their end, which should be sorted fairly fast, if they are on the ball.

ZILLI
9th Jan 2008, 13:13
Website address is crewforum.co.uk , I dont think its a problem at their end, as I have managed to get on it via a friends pc, and no one else seems to have a problem with it, just wondering what could have caused me to not get on it. :bored:

airborne_artist
9th Jan 2008, 14:28
Which browser are you using? Try them all - Firefox, Opera etc.

dazdaz
9th Jan 2008, 15:43
Just tried the URL works fine for me IE6 Hey I like the 'Hotel Rendezvous' forum:) might register.

ZILLI
9th Jan 2008, 16:02
I have tried using IE, Aol, and mozila firefox, none of which is working! What on earth is stopping my pc from getting on this forum?:rolleyes:

dazdaz
9th Jan 2008, 16:40
So many browsers trying to do the same thing, IE, AOL (ahhh) and Mozila, all working in the background. Keep it simple.

Saab Dastard
9th Jan 2008, 17:46
No problems here with FF.

Assuming that you have not made any other changes whatever, I Suggest you clear your cookies, IE cache and run ipconfig /flushdns from a command prompt (Run, CMD).

If you have made changes (e.g. new applications, new hardware, MS updates etc.) then all bets are off, and try going back to a System restore point from before the problem occurred.

Also make sure that your AV is up-to-date and active (ditto malware).

SD

cdtaylor_nats
9th Jan 2008, 22:40
All of the applications are using the vb scripting engine to process some sort of command on the website. Given that you are the only one getting the problem it sounds like your scripting host might have got corrupted.

Going back to a restore point might fix it, otherwise its a dig through microsofts knowledge base.

ZILLI
10th Jan 2008, 05:45
Thanks for all the suggestions everyone, cleared the cookies and it worked fine, sometimes the easiest things are hardest to detect! :ok: