PDA

View Full Version : Command Training at EK

Muffetology
9th Jan 2008, 08:04
Dear all,

Am on the shortlist for an EK interview.

Currently with 7100+ hrs with current B777 & A340 ratings on the RH seat.

There have been some good write-ups on the time to Command selection at EK. For this, I thank all who've contributed.

Would appreciate some info on Command Training at EK with regards to :-

1) Length of training (in months) once it commences.

2) Attrition rate (if available)

3) Do we get a 2nd shot if there are complications during the course?

4) Selection criteria (the EK site mentions 3 yrs service, etc.) but I was wondering about the system at EK, ie : Base and Line Check scores (if any), and any Confidential reports by Training Captains.

My thanks to all who reply.

Cheers,

Mr Muffet:p

Payscale
9th Jan 2008, 12:29
About two months depending on the rostering of TRIs.
One week command ground school
3 sims paired with another upgrade candidate.
LPC
AWO
ZFT
3 Lofts and 1 checkride
10-14 flights route training

Very low failure rate due to excellent training and candidates motivation to study.

3 years on the B777
4 years on the AB
This can change when the A380 shows up later this year

2nd shot depends why you failed the first one. Normally extra training is given. I think its evaluated on a case to case basis.

Anyway, dont worry about command yet. Get in first.

Good luck

9.G
9th Jan 2008, 14:07
That's the way it should be. Get the right people from the scratch and build them up thus failure rate is kept minimal unlike in QR, unfortunately. Hire potential commanders not potential failures to launch. A failure rate over 25% is an indication of wrongful training in the airline itself.

EGGW
10th Jan 2008, 09:12
The training system has been revised by one of the TRE's, is much better than it was at least on the 777.

The failure rate is low, most fail because inadequate prep or because they plain struggled through the whole thing. The odd trainer/checker still exist who do not follow the training syllabus. But to be honest they are rare and well known by the training hierachy. Best dial 2 if you get one of them on the check LOFT. Just my 0.02 fils.

You would probably get an accelerated command once past the 8000hrs mark, with 2000+ hard time on aircraft over 55k tons. This is correct at least for the present time on the 777, but can and does change, be warned.

EGGW

Muffetology
11th Jan 2008, 11:36
Sounds like a good system to me.

My thanks to all who've replied.

Cheers:ok: