PDA

View Full Version : Today Tonight to thump QANTAS tonight CH7 6:30pm

Short_Circuit
9th Jan 2008, 05:01
Tonight at 1830 Today Tonight has a report on the increasing problems
with QF aircraft due to cost cutting. A must see by all.

Power up the plasma in the board room people, see why the share price in free falling.

Reeltime
9th Jan 2008, 05:04
...and that means YOU Dixon!

blackhander
9th Jan 2008, 05:45
Do I have to watch that s:mad:t again? Why not The 7.30 Report?

equal
9th Jan 2008, 05:55
Today Tonight = sh*t

PinkusDickus
9th Jan 2008, 06:03
Are Today Tonight so desperate for vierwers they have to do their promo's on PPrune?

That program is so much trash!

chockchucker
9th Jan 2008, 06:10
Agree, such a topic would be more thoroughly investigated by the ABC or SBS. However, the viewing audience pulled in by this tabloid program is not to be denied.

No doubt D.Cox will deny any problems and just acuse the program of deliberately trying to blacken the Qantas name. Typical head in the sand stuff.

Short_Circuit
9th Jan 2008, 06:13
I am happy to delete the thread if you all think it is garbage..

Fliegenmong
9th Jan 2008, 06:17
No, just want to see it done by 4 corners, or 19:30 report at the very least.

FoxtrotAlpha18
9th Jan 2008, 06:54
They just trotted out the usual suspects, re-hashed old footage, brought up the staples incident "which we broke" again, and otherwise had little new on the subject. :hmm:

blackhander
9th Jan 2008, 07:40
Hard Hitting

Funk
9th Jan 2008, 07:53
don't forget the shaky cameras and dramatic music....a must see exclusive:ok:

I will wait till the Chaser does their take on it:}

Capt Wally
9th Jan 2008, 08:23
It matters little who prsents these stories the flying public know little & watch it by the zillions !...........as long as some facts get thru I'm glad it hurts QF (not the employees tho). If an accident or major incident occurs, one where pax are seriously worried about their life then all the media will have a field day & none of us here will be too concerned about who is reporting it we'll be concerned about the damage such an event will do to the aviation industry as a whole. Something for which we rely upon to keep food on the table !:bored:
I say report as much as possible, all media, let the top end goons have it !

CW

Maggott17
9th Jan 2008, 10:13
Although CH7 is ****e at least it does not have a QF CEO as one of its directors..................like CH9 does through PBL etc.

Both channels tell the stories that will increase their own directors shareholding price.

another superlame
9th Jan 2008, 22:16
In the mindset of QF management if you don't mention it, or acknowledge it then it never really happened.
It is amazing how quickly these things blow over when no-one from the company faces the media to answer the questions.
It will all go away, it always does.

Short_Circuit
9th Jan 2008, 22:42
^ And it was not safety related AND the staples in the EEL still worked, so where is the problem?? :rolleyes:

FoxtrotAlpha18
9th Jan 2008, 23:26
Packer sold Channel 9 months ago - there's no longer any cross-interest.

Keg
9th Jan 2008, 23:48
Being 'thumped' by Today Tonight would be like being gummed by a newborn puppy. Unpleasant but ultimately harmless.

(With thanks to a very senior QF driver for that one!) :ok:

Capt Wally
10th Jan 2008, 00:13
One wonders whether the screening of any QF happenings (poor ones) reaches the inflight news. That would be a hoot ! Yr flying along at 39K ft sipping wine (not the plebs in cattle class !) & suddenly the inflight news comes on to say that a QF 747 is/has having inflight difficulties !:} That's how 350 pax first here of there fate !!:} Of course it's all pre recorded & hypothetical but the mind does have to wonder !

CW

airtags
10th Jan 2008, 00:30
sorry Capt Wally - you need to be on a Virgin 73G/H to get that sort of detail from SkyNews...oh but you need to swipe your credit card and part with $10 first!!! (AJ if you're reading -pls don't drool)

Media formula used to be 'who, what, where, when & why.......these days however it is -
A. opening statement,
B. 3 facts or stats (no matter how wobbly or unrelated)
C. a pro grab,
D. a defense grab and
E. a wrap up generally being young twenty something reporter's opinion (typically blond with mid sized cleavage).

take away parts C & D and the story doesn't have much air (pardon the pun)

Fliegenmong
10th Jan 2008, 01:14
CApt Wally, didn't that Jet Blue flight out of Burbank (?), have a live TV feed of their predicament on their screens? - I seem to recall some SLF mentioning it?

Capt Wally
10th Jan 2008, 02:55
I think yr correct there to some degree "fliegenmong" (goota explain that name sometime!:)) there was such an event, not sure of the details tho. I think the flight crew in such a hypothetical case could wonder back into the cabin & get the lattest update of their fate !:} Nothing would surprise me these days !
"Airtags" I wonder how many actually swipe their credit cards to watch anything? On a short flight such as syd -cb you wouldn't have gotten enough value for yr swipe...............but ML-SY some times you could watch the movie "dances with wolves"(long movie) several times over whilst ATC deal you out from the stack !:}

CW

socks
10th Jan 2008, 03:57
I think when there is a total power failure on board the IFE stops working too, But it would be unlikely that the IFE system was working in the first place. That was outsourced years ago.