PDA

View Full Version : National Aerospace Training (Essendon)- good or bad?

Gearupandorrf
8th Jan 2008, 10:29
Hi all,

Looking for a good School at Essendon to finish off the last part of my CPL flying, and then looking at either:

a. Converting my UK MECIR to an Aussie one or;
b. Doing an Instructors' Rating.

Just looking for any feedback (+'ve OR -'ve) from anyone who may have trained or worked there.

I've looked at the Websites of all of the Schools at EN (well, those that have a Website), and NAT seem to have some good links in the Industry with which to help with that vital first job.

Will venture out soon and visit all the Schools personally as well.

By the way, when looking for Flying School listings I came across the following: http://www.aeroclub.com.au/queryao.php?query=&id=70&start=1

Maybe some of you will find it helpful.

Any feedback appreciated,
Gearup.

Kev9
8th Jan 2008, 11:48
Essendon Airport is still a bit farked.
There is no pub there yet.
But there is a bottle shop at the new Tescos.
So by about 4 every day buy a pint or 2 and come around the back next to the dumpsters.
We'll be glad to see you friend.
We've got heaps of war stories. Let you know all about the ins-and-out of YMEN. I miss it.
Its all good except for working in GA.

:ok:

Capt Wally
8th Jan 2008, 11:50
Did a bit of flying for the boys down at NAT some years ago. They took a punt when they put together that flying school & charter buisness & have done alright. Not sure what the deal is there these days but am sure you'll find out soon enough here:)

CW:)

Jerr
9th Jan 2008, 01:42
Hi Gear Up

Currently flying at National, or should I say wish I was flying there. They seem pretty professional, and do have proven links in the industry.

However they do a DASAR for the Life Saving Association, this involves flying twins up and down the coast twice a day for the summer holidays. SAR stuff.

They get busy, and paying students like me, seem to get left behind. So if the last 6 weeks, I have had one NAV, staff shortages, TS, and plane problems. I am sure another flying school will be happy to take my money for a MECIR.

Cheers

JERR

archangel7
9th Jan 2008, 03:05
However they do a DASAR for the Life Saving Association, this involves flying twins up and down the coast twice a day for the summer holidays. SAR stuff.

How much does it cost to get that position? i remember they where asking for 5 g's from pilots who where interested to do it!

Omega471
9th Jan 2008, 09:11
The cost is closer to 7K these days. I looked at the program as a way back into flying after 10 years away from flying. For the cost of the program you would obtain 100hrs multi and endorsments in the 337 and the Partnavia. The flying is all ICUS which put me off.

Still looking for the "right" way back with low time hours.

Howard Hughes
9th Jan 2008, 09:34
Still looking for the "right" way back with low time hours.
Leave the city, go North, get a job, it's that simple!;)

I hung around Melbourne for 10 years without a sniff, got a job a month after arriving in Darwin!:ok:

PS: Did a renewal about eight years ago with them after not flying IFR for about six years. They were great, didn't stuff me around or rip me off, I would have no hesitation going there again if I had to pay for my own IFR again!:ok: