PDA

View Full Version : OZ Atpl only,will get you work in UK

biggles72
20th Jan 2001, 07:59
Can someone set the record straight.....

I have heard that an unfrozen Aussie Atpl will be enough to get a job in Europe (UK I am mainly talking about)as a pilot

I have heard that the demand for pilots is so great that an Aussie ATPL will be enough to land a job. I heard the company will organise an ICAO licence conversion (no JAR required)and you can start work.

If the demand is so high for pilots, why dont British companies "sponser" eligable pilots like myself? That would solve alot of the pilot shortage problems they have. do any sponser pilots ?

Also, can i get a full work visa to work in the UK because i am I "professional" with a skill in demand in the UK? and Australia is still a member of the commonwealth

I wish to aviod the entire JAR licence conversion and UK ATPL theory thing, so i what i have heard is correct, it would be a bonus.

Any comments

jar-phobe
28th Jan 2001, 21:11
Good luck but I dont think this will happen.
seen too many guys with good quals (but foriegn) and too many guys here with UK/JAR quals looking for first line job.
If you are a Brit and looking to work here then the only way now alas is with a Jar license.
Good luck.

gearup-lightup
1st Feb 2001, 04:09
plenty pilots in u.k. looking for first job with low hrs. try ryanair at dublin 737 200 400 800s based at stansted or [de]prestwick i hear that f.o.s are netting 3700 spondallies per month[thats british spondallies] easy jet recently tried to import a squad of east euro pilots but balpa stopped the imm' people from issuing visas i think that they were a bit too red for easys orange culture. any-way good luck old bean!

Skaz
4th Feb 2001, 16:36
Gidday guys,
could someone please shed some light on what exactly (apart from an act of God) you need to qualify for a job in the UK?

ECAM actions
19th Feb 2001, 20:09
How come it seems relatively straight forward for an Aussie to come here and get a flying job, when it's almost impossible to go the other way? A Brit trying to get into an airline in Oz, do you belive it can happen as easy?? I think not!