PDA

View Full Version : SFT Gone Bust !!!

Teroc
6th Nov 2001, 15:58
Just been at a meeting of the instructors, students and administrators and the company is in the high court this morning. As of last night they are no longer trading.

Lots of very p#ssed off people as you can imagine

TowerDog
6th Nov 2001, 16:18
SFT??

A local flight school in Dublin?

captainkilner
6th Nov 2001, 16:54
:( :(

Nightmare for you SFT guy's and gal's , all the best from up north !!

RVR800
6th Nov 2001, 18:19
Self Improvers cannot justify the costs
of JAA programs anymore and sad to say
this may be the start of a long road.

The UK flight training industry is in dire straits.

Its heartening to know than people losing
their jobs in Europe can now get jobs in the UK however.E.G. Ex KLM students into Ryanair

The extra costs of JAR licensing are certainly worthwhile for crews departing collapsing flag carriers in the EU as they can now work for the thriving UK low cost sector.

HugMonster
6th Nov 2001, 18:30
NOT good news.

Commiserations to all students and staff. I hope and pray that the students can recover their money they paid up front - if not, they will have a hard time completing their courses elsewhere.

I did my CPL writtens and ATPL upgrade @ PPSC - and they did a darned good job there.

When things recover (as they will, sooner or later) there will be a short hiatus while people now out of work get soaked up again, and then there will once again be a gigantic shortage in the market, with nobody able to get licensed for lack of money and schools. Boom and bust for pilots jobs has not proved good for anyone in the past, and won't in the future.

kaikohe76
6th Nov 2001, 21:02
Very sorry to learn of the problems at SFT and the news that they be at the end of the road.
Very many years ago I did my R/T test for my licence when SFT were at Booker beside the now M40. Very helpful and professional staff gave me a great deal of good advice and assistance.
Do hope something positive can be salvaged for you all, staff and students alike.
Good luck.