PDA

View Full Version : Skytrans fleet???

Jabawocky
7th Jan 2008, 01:05
I see in the latest Aviation Trader a B200, 9x C404 and 6x C310's for sale.

I know things get boght and sold all the time, but what is happening up there? A new fleet perhaps?

J:ok:

Dave Incognito
7th Jan 2008, 01:38
Looks like the 2 bongo vans will have to do a fair bit more flying to fill the gap. ;)

Does anyone know if they are going to keep the Horn base going or are they planning on getting rid of all the pistons? If SKN is going cheap I'd like to buy it and stick it up on a pole in the back yard...

Skystar320
7th Jan 2008, 04:55
Checked Aviation Trader I cant find anything?

Where did you come up with this information?

Cool banana
7th Jan 2008, 09:15
I believe the 2 bongo vans are going to Regional Pacific to be based back in Horn Island.

Jabawocky
7th Jan 2008, 10:42
Skystar, you need to look again......sure they have photoshopped the rgo and the big skytrans name.......but any one who knew what they were after would know the rest of the clour scheme and for that matter the combination of types with those stripes.

So trust......its them, just look again. I have given my copy to a young fella at work so I can not send you to the advert directly.

ABX
7th Jan 2008, 11:29
Hey Jaba, do you subscribe to Aviation Trader or buy it at a shop?

I subscribe and I haven't received the January edition yet! (I am paid up and current.):{

Jabawocky
7th Jan 2008, 11:54
Nope never subscribed.......just gets sent to me. I think if you are on the a/c register you get one free perhaps.....

Sorry no help there am i:(

megle2
8th Jan 2008, 03:02
Trader received in the mail today.
Top right page 21.
What gives?

ABX
8th Jan 2008, 03:14
Thanks meagle2, checked the mail box after your post and found mine had arrived too.

Now, page 21, 16 aircraft at once, that is a lot of metal to sell! Fleet replacement? Business rationalisation?

Hmmm... the B200 has a few hours.

It would be nice if they had priced them all.

ABX
8th Jan 2008, 03:20
From the Skytrans website (click here) (http://www.skytrans.com.au/our-fleet.html):

The Skytrans fleet philosophy is to use the right aircraft to suit the specific routes being flown and these needs are extremely diverse in Queensland. Predominantly the company operates a fleet of Dash 8’s with a number of Turbo Prop planes also being utilised. Added to this is the Citation Jet division, specifically servicing the charter market.

No mention of the pistons...

ciscodiscocisco
10th Jan 2008, 09:06
I saw the add for the aircraft mentioned for sale and i have heard a rumour that they are replacing all the A/C for Dash8s i dont know how accurate this is.

Also another source that its not very reliable hehehehehe told me that they might be selling the company out fully and they shares...

I dont know how accurate both of this are.:ugh:

Skystar320
10th Jan 2008, 09:29
Rumour has it on good authority they brought Qantaslink ex MSN: 33 Dash 8-100 and they are in the market to purchase additional -100's

You have Skytrans who is owned by png airlines! who operate additional Dash 8-100's who then operate those two -100's at Maroomba Airlines!!!!!!

To infinity & beyond
10th Jan 2008, 10:12
From the Skytrans Website under the heading of "Our Fleet"

Predominantly the company operates a fleet of Dash 8’s with a number of Turbo Prop planes also being utilised. Added to this is the Citation Jet division, specifically servicing the charter market.

ABX
10th Jan 2008, 10:15
Doesn't anyone read the posts above before contributing their own?:ugh:

To infinity & beyond
10th Jan 2008, 18:47
If you use the "got to first new post" sometimes is skips a post or two, Sorry.

BAe32EP-Chief
10th Jan 2008, 22:05
I know things get boght and sold all the time, but what is happening up there? A new fleet perhaps?

I heard they were going to two types of aircraft DHC-6 & Dash 8-100 saves on costs

Jabawocky
10th Jan 2008, 23:39
Where is JAMAIR when you need him?

I think he is up there, maybe Skytrans or maybe RFDS.....he wold have to know something!

BAe32EP-Chief
11th Jan 2008, 00:00
Also another source that its not very reliable hehehehehe told me that they might be selling the company out fully and they shares...

I thought they were owned by QRA?

cnic
11th Jan 2008, 02:48
Skytrans is owned by the Wild family which also ownes AirlinePNG and QRA but I think that QRA now longer exsists its all just under Skytrans correct me if I am wrong. Also can anyone confirm if the Wild's are now owners of one of the largest Dash 8 - 100 fleets?

Pinky the pilot
11th Jan 2008, 03:06
Hmmm, wonder what condition the Titans are in? TTAF etc.:hmm:

404 Titan
11th Jan 2008, 03:36
Pinky the pilot

The last time I saw them they were pretty high time airframes but very well maintained.

Does anyone one know who has the Ergon Energy contract out of Cairns and the Straights now if Skytrans are getting out of lighties?

BAe32EP-Chief
11th Jan 2008, 04:50
404 TitanAHH!

404 Titan with the 'pending' retirement of the lities doest mean they have forgone the contact, just means that they will be stepping up to Dash 8's which the punters would love

Harry Cooper
11th Jan 2008, 04:51
Rumour around the traps is that the ad in the AvTrader was a monumental f**k up by the broker and that only a couple of aircraft were to be advertised to test the waters not the whole fleet! Apparently GM of Skytrans frantically called each pilot yesterday to ease concerns over jobs and explain the situation.

Skystar320
11th Jan 2008, 06:19
Oooops to David!!!!!!

geeup
12th Jan 2008, 00:35
Perhaps Regional will buy the 310s as well.