PDA

View Full Version : Olympic Airways

Leading_Edge
28th Nov 2000, 12:48
Anyone have any information as to what it takes to get on with any of the Greek carriers (ie Olympic Airways/Aviation)? I speak Greek well enough, but I'm not sure how many hours they want, type ratings, education etc...

Regards,

Whooaahh
28th Nov 2000, 14:09
Olympic Airways - Will probably not be around in 12 months. Serious financial issues and desperately looking for a rescue package. Various rumours as to where this angel will appear from. Stelio's is one of the rumours. Risky career move at the moment.

Cronus - Nice outfit with good people, but their eventual demise has been a significant rumour for nearly a year. Again risky career move.

Axon - again Nice outfit with good people. Solidly run organisation. Not a bad bet if you want to work in Greece.

Galaxy - No dealings with them, so no comments to make. Yet!!

Electra - Only Wide body operator, except for Olympic. 1 DC-10 I believe. Very new outfit. Waiting to see what develops before passing judgement.

Aegean - Best bet. Highest chances of survival in a viciously competitive market.

Cretan - New kid on the block, based in (stangley enough) Crete. Very small at the moment ( 2xF27's ) and run by the same guy who set up Air Greece.

There are five new start-ups in Cyprus if you want to use your Greek language skills.
Air Salamis, Capital L, Helios, TransAero and Sky Airlines.

Good area to be in if your 737NG rated.

Whooaahh!!!

Leading_Edge
28th Nov 2000, 19:20
Thank You

This will be helpful