PDA

View Full Version : flyglobespan

Flaps up no lights
6th Jan 2008, 13:21
Hello people,

I hope you all have had a good festive period.

I am looking for advice on what to expect at interview with Flyglobespan, any feedback would be greatly appreciated either by pm or on this thread.

Thx:ok:

mightymouse111
7th Jan 2008, 11:15
Whats your experience?
which fleet?
Capt or FO?

Flaps up no lights
7th Jan 2008, 12:51
737 type rated plus 350hrs on type and 750TT

An2
7th Jan 2008, 13:46
I got a reply saying it was minimum 500hrs on type needed.

Machine Man
8th Jan 2008, 12:46
You will probably be interviewed by the 737 Fleet Manager and one other senior pilot. It will take about an hour, and is a relatively friendly process.
IF YOU ARE GOING TO THE HQ AT COLINTON, IT IS DIFFICULT TO FIND!
So a trial run may be appropriate or borrow a GPS if you havn't got one.

Your interviewers will know you may be nervous and try to put you at ease. They will not try to trick you and will mainly be after your reasons for wanting to join the company and that you can you settle in Scotland. Be prepared for that. I am not sure what questions they will ask you if you are already type-rated, but if you aren't sure of an answer - say so! Don't bullsh%%!
If you get something wrong, they will not beast you and will probably give you their version of the answer by working it through with you.

You will may hear the result very quickly - by e-mail is most likely.

Look upon this as a pleasant experience, coz it is! If you get the job, and I am sure you will if you follow my advice, expect to work hard with the company. Great place to build hours fast and great early command prospects (in due course)!

mightymouse111
10th Jan 2008, 08:08
If I were you Flaps up with lights then i would stay were you are. i am guessing you are only a few months into your first job. whatever airline you are with, it will probably be better than GSM.

LAX
12th Jan 2008, 12:31
Flaps Up..........

I would take the advice of the previous poster and think long and hard about leaving your current job with the hours you have. I have more than 5 x more hours than you on the 737 and was made redundant by this outfit at the end of November. No sooner than that they are hiring again?

There are many great crews and people at gsm but the management are a calamity. Many people -flight deck and cabin crew - lost their jobs last year and dropped many including myself right in the S*#t, after working very hard to maintain a difficult summer program.

If your already employed, stay where you are!!! Trust me.

And Machine Man.........command prospects. Really???