PDA

View Full Version : JAR-FCL licences in europe

JBeecham
26th Nov 1999, 17:37
Does anybody have any idea on the regulations about gaining a JAA licence in another european country and the coming back to the UK to fly? I have heard rumours that you cannot simply fly in other european countries without having that countries validation on your licence (like at present) until the JAA rules have changed to allow this to happen. Is this correct?
Any help would be appreciated.

iraklis
28th Nov 1999, 07:46
It seems that nobody knows what is going on. The original plan was to "inspect" all of the "JAR member states" as to achieve a common standard. But obviously they cannot find a consensus because the bureaucrats in each country make things more difficult than they are. To my knowledge they are still far from the JAR license.

ABBOT
29th Nov 1999, 13:16
J. Beecham, As per a recent CAA seminar. It appears that as of this time only two nations are fully JAR compliant, these two are the United Kingdom and Denmark. All other JAr hopefuls are at varying stages of completion of requirent for JAR compliance. Also as per the seminar, the French chappies are stating that even after they eventually reach full compliance, they, as a nation will still require other JAR license holders to obtain a French DCA validation before working on their patch. It appears that all other members of the JAR gang will be adopting the 'all for one and one for all policy'. So, at the moment a JAR license is available in the UK or Denmark and its great if you work for Maersk.

JBeecham
30th Nov 1999, 14:29
Thanks for the information. The general consensus seems to be that everybody is unsure about what's going on. The new JAR-FCL manual does not help either - we have a copy at work and I think it complicates things to be honest. I guess we will have to watch this space!