PDA

View Full Version : Gf Pilots Still Resigning

oneeyeseeall
5th Jan 2008, 19:37
GF pilots still resigning even after that big increament on pay.what is going on there ?

Chuck Y
5th Jan 2008, 19:59
Who's resigning? Haven't heard any yet?

Fatal_Gulfy
5th Jan 2008, 21:07
ANY one ELSE ?

point8four
6th Jan 2008, 05:29
Yes Sir,
Benefit of the doubt was given, no rash decisions made time considered. Unfortunately the best description I can give is that Gulf Air will offer you a JOB not a Career.
Many thanks to the many decent gentlemen I've had the privilege to fly with.
Many good hands have been tied by individuals with too much power....let the bird fly boys, you may be surprised......

mydogsnameisbjorn
6th Jan 2008, 07:53
Get out Get out while the time is hot. No AC's. Command given due to resignations. A leader who spends the peak time of the year away from base on holidays. For @@##$'s sakes you just got there 8 months ago BN! Who in any business when taking over can justify taking Xmas off to be 7 hrs away. And one who leaves it in the hands of the most incompetent appointees. just another bad call. GF has a surplus of pilots. Can anyone believe that? Unheard of in the ME or the world for that matter. SOS at GF. Someone who understands how to run an airline please put your hat in the ring anyone at the UN? Any experience preferred but not mandatory as you can see.

airpilot_A3xx
6th Jan 2008, 12:07
3 (three) A320 captains and 1(one) B767 left the pink palace on the 1st Jan 2008.....:ouch:

oneeyeseeall
6th Jan 2008, 16:22
Go to the fleet office and see by yourself its written resignation see how many pictures nearly to fall on the bin

Gulf Ace
8th Jan 2008, 14:25
So many promises and so many Bull **** :ugh:

flyinhi65
8th Jan 2008, 18:14
330/340 FO, just resigned, leaving at the end of March

Had a great time in GF, still do, but got the offer i always wanted, so an easy decision.

Cheers mates (and girls :})

CI100
9th Jan 2008, 00:47
Airbus fleet - FO

Doing my last few flights as well.

Had it with a company that is pretending to be an Airline.

Masalama!

mkdar
9th Jan 2008, 19:27
(( GF has a surplus of pilots. Can anyone believe that? Unheard of in the ME or the world for that matter.

Surplus of pilots???
Couple of days ago, a Captain was called from days off to fly. What surplus of pilots?
Does that mean pilots in Gf are so happy that they do not leave?
So which is it? Are they resigning or , are they over staffed??? :confused:

Soft Altitude
10th Jan 2008, 08:52
Linking up to previous thread: why filling up pockets of F/Os when you can fill up the pockets of captains? :yuk:
That is also one of the reasons why some folks, mainly F/Os that is, want to leave, because they fly an average of 60 to 70 hours a month, while their left hand seat colleagues are in the mid nineties to hundred and plus hours a month !
20 hours of overtime money is a nice addition to your monthly payslip plus 6BDs times your monthly hours ... you do the maths !!! :eek:

Yo767
10th Jan 2008, 12:08
... you do the maths !!!

Talking of doing the math, here is a little exercise that few of us has performed:

1- Take your monthly basic salary and divide it by 75hrs, you will get your hourly salary.

2- Compare this hourly salary to the overtime hourly salary of 20bd and 30bd for FO and Capt respectively.

You will then find that you are paid at least 25% less for your overtime compare to the first 75hrs.

I really don't understand why guys are happy to go beyond 75hrs and brag about their ''big'' paycheck.

Soft Altitude
10th Jan 2008, 13:48
Okay. I'll do the maths then: 20hours overtime for an F/O equals 20 times 20, plus 6 times 20: total 520 BDs, or 5200 Dhs or (cca) 925 Eur .
If this figure means nothing to you YO 767,on a monthly basis, it is fine with me, this is a figure I would like to have on top of every payslip and definitely not for bragging purposes. :rolleyes:
You know very well that with GF on the "big" fleet you can get overtime without actually working your arse off by getting a couple of those KULs, MNLs and BKKs as well as you can kill yourself flying and still be well below the 75 hrs.
I was not doing statistics, just plain and simple figures speak much better for themselves, me thinks.

Yo767
10th Jan 2008, 14:42
it is fine with me

Dear Mr Soft, on behalf of GF management, i would like to thank you for being happy to work overtime at a reduced hourly rate (75%).
:confused:

MAKAVELI320
10th Jan 2008, 22:42
for the last 4 month all i have been doin is 30 to 50 hrs a month and im not complaing i love it:) what a beautful easy life im havin, what keep me busy is gettin my serlf warm in the chilly weather on the island so what is the prob bro:cool:

Soft Altitude
12th Jan 2008, 16:32
All right ! Anybody else ? Apart from 3 guys since yesterday for the whole company ? I say again: it's fine with me if you do not want to work any overtime !
YO 767, there is your "working day" pay, which is your basic then there is your flying allowance. Do you expect any company to pay you 1 overtime hour at a70 BDs rate ? If this is what you are referring to ? Tell me which airline does it ?
Desert storm, someone has obviously been doing some overtime in the past to be able to afford such a vehicle if you are not bull*****ing !
Makaveli, no problem BRO, if you like it that way ! Enjoy, we obviously have different plans.
Cheers

Soft Altitude
13th Jan 2008, 06:53
17 years ? That's it ? Wow, and you still think you are exceptional and the only one who came with similar experience and rated to GF ? You'd better keep silent and let people think that you are stupid, than talk and break all the doubts.
I am leaving this nonsense discussion now, wish you all the luck to get rid of that bl**dy car of yours.

Mephistopheles
13th Jan 2008, 08:26
Back to the thread. So is that all that's resigning? Waste of bandwith!

brassplate
13th Jan 2008, 09:10
with the announcement today, i would really like to see some more resignations that will see me up the seniority a bit more. come on guys, make up your mind and leave!!!

tmax
13th Jan 2008, 19:49
b767 are u happy there?it looks that we will train all the second officers to be captains in sahaaallla so to be senior for a 787 rating!if it happens! in another 10 years or so