PDA

View Full Version : CHL

Great View
5th Jan 2008, 14:00
Hey Guys and Gals,
I need some info on Canadian Helicopters Limited. I have just moved back to canada (quebec) after being refused my renewal of my american work permit(a long story and I'm much to sober to go through it now!). I dropped by CHL last year for a look and talked to the DOM, really nice guy and seemed like a nice outfit.
I'd like to get some info from someone who works/has worked/worked with...etc CHL. All the usual info... descent wages, work schedule, equipment...
I've been a mechanic for about 14 years with an FAA A&P IA (will start the process to get my AME ticket here) an I have an FAA CPL with approx 350hrs. My goal is to eventually have a full time flying job(or pilot/engineer deal) but I know with the amount of hours I have, its highly unlikely yet. Do you think CHL would work with me to eventually make that transition to flying?
As you can see by this thread, my mind is all over the place. The past couple of weeks have seen my life turned a bit on its ear and I'm just trying to get some kind of game plan together. ANY info on CHL would be highly appreciated, and for that matter, any info on companies in quebec or canada.(next stop is the Work in Canada thread)
Thanks in advance guys
GV

albatross
6th Jan 2008, 00:26
I would suggest a call to either Frank Ricard the ops man in Les Cedres or to Dave McCutcheon the chief pilot. Both very nice fellows and straight shooters.
Explain to them exactly what you want to do.
Where are you living in Quebec?

Best of luck.
Cheers
sharkbait

IHL
6th Jan 2008, 02:38
Hi :

In the past, I spent about 10 years of my life working for CHC/CHC Eastern/ and its current connotation CHL.

It is a good company to work for, the pay is always there-on time, and so are the expense checks. The have a pension fund which you contibute 3% and they contribute 3% fully vested after 2 years.

I had no complaints and I would certainly work for them again if I needed a job.

As Albatross points out talk to Dave McCutcheon, very socialable guy but you have to call him more than once cause he has alot on his plate and is likely to foreget the first couple of times you call him.

wde
7th Jan 2008, 22:03
PM me. I am currently a Manager within CHL and can answer lots of questions / direct you accordingly.

wde

or personal email: [email protected]