PDA

View Full Version : Norwegian Licencing

compressor stall
7th Oct 1999, 13:46
Does anyone out there know what Licencing system Norway uses - Are they JAR?? Do you know anyone who has converted foreign licences to the Norwegian one?

Thanks in Advance.

------------------
A fool who persists in his folly will soon become wise.

William Blake.

Blue Scandinavian
18th Jun 2000, 03:08
Norwegian FAA has since spring 1996 been in a transition period to JAR-FCL, to be fully JAR certified by october 1st 2000.

And I actually there has been quite a bit of confusion as to how one is supposed to convert from an non-JAR license to a JAR license. The regulations has changed many times during these last years, so I'm afraid I'm not up to date on this.

But what I DO know is that once JAR-FCL is introduced in the JAR countries, then a JAR license will also be valid in all JAR countries. I.e. if you take a CPL in Spain, you can take your ATPL in Finland and apply for a job in England without having to convert.
------------------
LOB

[This message has been edited by Blue Scandinavian (edited 17 June 2000).]

compressor stall
18th Jun 2000, 16:58
Blue,

Thanks for the info.

I was wondering about transferring my Australian licence to a Norsk one...with the though of working there...used to live there so speak the lingo...

Looks like that it will be the JAR or nothing!

Thanks

CS.

------------------
Those who restrain desire do so because theirs is weak enough to be restrained.
William Blake

TWINCOMM
19th Jun 2000, 00:48
When I lived in Norway and wanted to convert my then UK PPL into a Norwegian one after the "1 year on a foreign licence" privilages were up, I had to take an air law and R/T theory exam in Norwegian.
It took me a year before I could understand and speak enough to have a go.
At that time (1991) coverting any sort of Professional licence was simply not possible. The country was very protectionist regarding foreign workers taking jobs from the locals.
The advent of JAR is supposed to change all that, but Norway had so many differences and peculiarities that I would not be surprised if some sort of special requirements (favoring only locals) are still in place. Speaking the lingo always helps, at least you can argue your case.

------------------
TwinComm