PDA

View Full Version : New Swiss Cargo Airline

Hunter58
18th Mar 2002, 03:07
Just ran into a couple of friends form the selling side of the business (Forwarders!). And they tell me they were informed about a project called CATRAN, that apparently should be a new cargo carrier based in ZRH.. .. .Any news about that, anybody?

Huck
18th Mar 2002, 22:22
Hunter - has anyone taken over the India flying that Swisscargo had? . .. .Haven't heard of Catran....

Hunter58
27th Mar 2002, 02:29
Huck. .. .nope... Seems it was no real business after all.

georgesbrennet
29th Mar 2002, 20:55
Yes I have heard the name , and saw it also in a. .DANZAS document. (Danzas is of course an interested party). .. .In fact there are two MD11F projects :. .. .1.Catran , ex Swiss MD11 pilots . . Don't know how far they are.... .. .2.United Pilots ,ex Sabena MD11 pilots. . in Brussels. I know that the initial company. . has been founded two weeks ago and they are. . in the stage of making a businessplan.. .. .Hope this helps...

Caribou 2
1st Apr 2002, 15:09
Slight change of thread - can anyone confirm that SwissGlobal Cargo has reverted to its "Air Sea Broker" trading name since the fall of Swiss Air ?.

CR2
2nd Apr 2002, 07:54
Call themselves ASB Air now.

bugg smasher
3rd Apr 2002, 14:08
Seems to me there are not a lot of MD-11 freighters out there. Anyone know which aircraft these new start-ups are trying to acquire?