PDA

View Full Version : Flying in Manila in July!

ShineOn
4th Jan 2008, 01:16
So what do you think? The plan is I'll be there for a couple of weeks mid July, and I need to fly 10 hours (SEP) to get my conversion + a few more obviously to go sightseeing hopefully. BUT, do you guys think flying is going to be possible this time of year (rainy season!). Unfortunately, I hear July has the highest average rainfall but is the only time I can go. Experiences appreciated, thanks...

Regards,
ShineOn

ShineOn
10th Jan 2008, 00:38
Hi,

I've just been informed that I will need to sit an r/t exam (which will take 5 days to get results...hope I don't fail!), air law exam, a medical, BID and NBI clearance, as well as the 10 hours flying to get my full license conversion (from my UK issued JAR-PPL). The problem is, I'll be there for 2 weeks only so will there be time to get my conversion issued?

slatch
10th Jan 2008, 02:27
If your willing to pay some FEE's there might be time. The whole process is about cash not about ability or knowledge. For enough money you dont even have to show up. I have known many people doing the conversion. It always ends up being time or money. If you have enough time to wait the ATO out you pay less. If your in a hurry or have time restrictions it is about money.

jester_icarus
10th Jan 2008, 07:01
hey there shineon... 2 weeks..forget about it..really!!!

documents
time building
checkride
......no way not no matter how much money you have..

ATO just cleaned house..guess why?

good luck..

dashman20
10th Jan 2008, 09:01
Hi there-PM me and I'll tell you how to go about it.dashman20.

fr8flyer
12th Jan 2008, 04:29
I'm also interested in renting a light airplane for some sightseeing in the Manila/Clark area. It sounds like quite a bit of work to get checked out to go solo with an FAA certificate, so I'll plan on having an instructor come along. Can anyone recommend a flight club/school and how much can I expect to pay per hour? Thanks

flyboylipad
13th Jan 2008, 05:16
You can try OMNI Aviation in Clark.

you're looking at about 8500 pesos/hour dual on C-172

fr8flyer
13th Jan 2008, 12:07
Thanks Flyboy. Any rentals available in Manila?

St. Ex
14th Jan 2008, 06:51
Flyboy's suggestion is a good one. Even if you were able to find an aircraft for charter out of Manila for the same cost (highly unlikely), the amount of time you spend on the ground waiting for clearance would surely set you back in terms of expenses.