PDA

View Full Version : Kunpeng Airlines

zwpilot
3rd Jan 2008, 22:32
Does anyone out there have any information on Kunpeng Airlines? Been searching the net but have only found the wasinc website that tells you a little about what they are offering. I was looking for some insider info for someone who is working there or has interviewed, etc.

Thanks

El Lobo Solo
4th Jan 2008, 00:07
Isn't that the Mesa clown's Chinese operation? Why on earth would you want to find any more information than that?

zwpilot
4th Jan 2008, 02:35
I saw that the were offering a **** load of $$ to do it and was curious to what people were actually experiencing. I like to actually get first hand knowledge on opportunities instead of making generally bonehead comments.

I agree, if this operation is anything like the operation he runs in the U.S., one most likely wouldn't want anything to do with it, including myself. But I thought I would ask if anyone had any first hand knowledge and experience with the company so far.

I've been in the industry long enough, so I have no need to hear your peer pressure tactics about how bad JO and Mesa is. I'm looking for real information, credible rumors, etc. If all you have is bashing comments, please don't respond.

El Lobo Solo
4th Jan 2008, 06:33
Easy there tiger. You're getting a little wrapped around the axle with my "peer pressure". I don't think you "heard" me correctly. I couldn't give a f:mad:k if you go fly for mesa, go, kamping, or whoever else JO represents. More power to ya.
Seems with your reply that you'll fit in well.
Best of luck.:ok:

Dream Land
4th Jan 2008, 09:43
Educate yourself and do a search on Mesa, good luck.

zwpilot
4th Jan 2008, 12:25
Thanks dreamland. I've seen alot on Mesa, just not Kunpeng. Just thought I would try to find someone who is actually doing it or been through it. As I said, I know all about Mesa and obviously I won't be going there or Kunpeng due to the way JO treats his people, just curious what people are experiencing.

And solo, I didn't mean to be so abrasive, but I know how posters can get when someone mentions anything about JO or Mesa. I just frankly wasn't looking to hear everyones bashing opinion on the operation, so I wanted to post as such.

zwpilot
6th Jan 2008, 12:26
bump. anyone.

Seil Knisaw
10th Jan 2008, 18:34
I'd start asking questions about wasinc before Kunpeng, as wasinc will be the ones writing your paycheck. I have a friend who works there on the jalways contract and from what I understand wasinc is a slimy outfit. I interviewed there a few years ago and they all reminded me of the folks at a used car lot (fortunately I was hired at NCA). There's information at http://japanpilots.19.forumer.com

I'm not sure if they have anything about Kunpeng listed there, but maybe someone can direct you. Hope it helps!

LETSGOEFLY
2nd Feb 2008, 20:07
I am on my way to China in about a week. I will let you know...
And as for the MESA comments.... They are posted by regional pilots
that have never left the USA. All chinese taxes are paid and you are left with a healthy TAX FREE salary. You would have to make 135K or more in the US before taxes to even come close. NOT BAD FOR FLYING AN RJ....:ok:

metro301
3rd Feb 2008, 06:35
They pay a lot less for the EMB 170/190 than JAL, NAS, Royal Jordanian, Saudi Arabian and Paramount.

El Lobo Solo
3rd Feb 2008, 08:57
Mesa comments posted by regional pilots. :} And you're going to fly what? An RJ. :D Be sure to report back how great it is for those who have never left the USofA!

Cheerio mate! And thanks for posting in bold type. Can you make it bigger next time?

Perwazee
4th Feb 2008, 14:09
You Sir - El Lobo Solo - sound bitter.

Were you turned down by WASINC or Mesa?

And you're putting down an RJ. Did you get your private pilot license on a 747-400?

El Lobo Solo
5th Feb 2008, 03:15
oooooohhhh, here we go. The mesa fan club has arrived! :}

Wanna walk my resume in to jo? I just soloed. That should be enough experience to get me in the right seat of that sweet, shiny rj. :ok:

hikoushi
10th Feb 2008, 01:06
The only kind of person who would defend Mesa is someone who works for them, and is currently unemployable anywhere else. :eek:

And speaking for all Americans who HAVE travelled the world a bit and gotten out from under all that "USA is the Best!" gibberish, I must say that nowhere else in the world have I EVER run into a WORSE carrier than Mesa. Some just as bad, but none worse.

gacdc10
10th Mar 2008, 18:48
I'm with Wasinc/Kunpeng in Xian, China.

Wasinc has quickly disassociated itself from Mesa after they realized the amount of negativity revolving around it. IF you do a little homework and ask the right questions, you realize that Mesa is only providing the initial RJs/mx to get the operation rolling. We answer to Kunpeng airlines and our employer Wasinc, not Mesa. Initially Wasinc believed that associating the contract with a north american carrier would make it more palatable, they were a little off....

Now, Kunpeng has a 4 CRJ operation with increasing loads. realizing that the worn out Mesa birds were not the best option, they promptly placed an order for 50 EMB 190s, deliveries start in August. The initial 20 crj deal is supposedly dead, and the 5 CRJs they will take they want to send back to PHX. I'm not sure what the relationship with Mesa will be after that. Long term they have a sizeable order for the chinese ARJ.

I'm not swimming in money, but we are getting ahead, something I could not do flying a DC-10 for Gemini or starting over at a US legacy carrier. I'm a family of 4, for a single guy you can definitely put some cash away.

It is what it is, and I'm home every night with my wife and kids.

esinclair21
4th Sep 2008, 15:30
They say 8 days off per month guarantee for the 145 contract. Anyone know if this is all you'll get or will it end up being more. The recruiter is saying 12-13 in actuality. Can I trust that?

What about flight benefits? Are ID90s or zed fares a possibility? Do they give you a ticket back to the states once per year at least?

Thanks!