PDA

View Full Version : pc flight sim Q

Private jet
3rd Jan 2008, 20:58
Never been into PC based flight sims, and i always crash when people talk/blackmail me into having a go on theirs. However i'd be interested to know if there are any flt sim add ons or stand alone packages that can simulate complete long haul routes on a 747-400 say, from london-hong kong or such like for example? I'm more interested in the operational factors and flying using the automation, not scenery out of the window or hand flying (which always seems a bit daft to me using those yokes, theres no feel........) Accurate flightdeck, functions, NAV and PERF databases, does this exist?

bnt
4th Jan 2008, 01:38
With the M$ sims you can selectively turn windows on and off, including the outside scenery. I remember using one free 747 plane model that included a FMU, which helped me with long-haul.

Cypherus
4th Jan 2008, 21:03
If you have taken a look over the P.M. 747-400 series you will maybe have noticed that this is advertised as an almost fully functional 747 sim add-on for FS, well after using it for three years now I can reliably inform you that this is probably as close to the real thing as the average sim flyer will ever get, Long haul planning with the assistance of a few additional utilities can be absorbing, and flying the routes rewarding, flight dynamics are also as good as you are going to get given current technology alongside Concorde it,s a must have for any sim flyer.

Private jet
5th Jan 2008, 09:39
many thnx for your informative replies, definately interested in something thats more of a training aid rather than a "lets fly a 747 under the golden gate bridge" game type scenario. I'll check out the PM site. Once again many thanks.