PDA

View Full Version : Firefox Browser Prob?

tony draper
3rd Jan 2008, 18:34
Just installed a new Hard Disk with clean operating system xp pro,every thing is fine downloaded Firefox and that is ok except,if I click on a link ie posted on a thread in prune,the website comes up ok, I read same them go to close it I get a warning I am about to close a number of Tabs,if I do close it I am returned to the desktop and have to open the browser and re enter pprune,this never used to happen,if I closed the tab on top the other page was still there behind it,how do I stop this happening,I know it will be summat simple in the settings,I have a feeling I have had this prob before but I cannot remember how I solved it.
Help greatfully accepted
tony
:confused:

green granite
3rd Jan 2008, 19:52
Tony when you open a link, the default is that it does is in a new TAB. If you look immediately under the address bar you will see the tabs open, just click on the X in the TAB header to close it not the browser close X.

To change the default to opening a new page go to <tools> <Options> click on the <tab> option and check the "new window option.

Muffin Themule
3rd Jan 2008, 20:06
Either do what GG suggested,
or
Use Ctrl-w to close Firefox tabs.

Of course, you could adopt the belt 'n braces method and do both of the above.

tony draper
3rd Jan 2008, 20:51
Thank you chaps will try those options:ok:

tony draper
4th Jan 2008, 11:21
Right peeps, problem sorted, twer just a matter of going into tools and selecting new window rather than new tab.
Thanks again.
tony
:ok:

Keef
4th Jan 2008, 22:50
If you fancy a real thrill, Tony, try downloading the Beta of Firefox 3. It's not got all the "bells and whistles" yet, and most of the Plugins folks use aren't developed for it, but it's nice, faster, and doesn't eat memory like Firefox 2.0.0.11 does.