PDA

View Full Version : 737 Operators in Europe

LeadingEdge
23rd Sep 1999, 20:39
Can anyone give me some infos about really good 737 operators here in europe(that also are looking for pilots,of course)?I am just wondering........
thanks!!

LearX
5th Oct 1999, 14:06
Try RyanAir

LearX

Capt.Weasel
7th Oct 1999, 12:01
Hey guys !

What about Virgin Express ??

Regards,

Weasel
---------------------------------------------
may the force be with you
[email protected]

techfly99
7th Oct 1999, 15:07
tell me more about Virgin- do they pay real money and how are the conditions of work? I am coming over to the UK next week after a few years back in the Antipodes to take a look around. have UK ATPL with 737/767 but need to arrange an IR check somewhere. Did a NZ one on the 737-2 recently. Ryan sound interesting but difficult to get any sound info about prospects- might try door knocking.

CrashDive
7th Oct 1999, 21:13
Well, I've a mate who's an F/O at VirginExpress (hi JFS) - and he absolutely raves about them ! He tells me that they seem to do a mixture of schedule and adhoc charters; Yep, he's a happy chappy.

I've also got some mates at 'Go' - and I'll come clean to having more than a passing interest in it myself - and we too think that it (Go) is the dogs doodaas.

I'm likewise sure the folks at both Ryan Air and easyJet will all concur that theirs is the best.

What does seem to be a common theme (imho) is the need for experienced LHS folks. That said, given the pool of F/O's many of these airlines have, you might find that they are tadge reticent to take Direct Entry LHS, for fear of hacking off the F/O's.

Of course they all look to be expanding, so send off those CV's (one page only).

It may pay to remember that what with the recent demise of AB and Debonair, plus the time of year (not normally known as a hiring time), you might not get a reply as quickly as you might like.

Ahh well, never hurts to apply - best of luck.