PDA

View Full Version : Aeroflite Philippines

icecream_pilot
3rd Jan 2008, 12:03
Hello everyone this is my first post :}

I would like some advice and opinions about the aerospace aviation academy in Philippines (Subic Bay)

here is the website http://aerofliteaviation.com

hope someone can help actually i heard they deliver CPL/IR with frozen ATPL in 7 months thats wooow

Cheers:ok:

bablow.ame
11th Nov 2008, 14:59
hi friend i have the same doubt about aeroflite school any idea is it over crowded how is their standard if u know kindly reply me.

thrust clb
19th Jan 2009, 02:41
Stay Away And Avoid With A 10-foot Pole!

maveric16
16th Feb 2009, 01:52
Been there... good luck

Schumi - Red Baron
19th Feb 2009, 13:09
Just don't go there... They do fake log book enteries.....In India some airlines has even blacklisted some of the schools in Philippines includng Aeroflite....So i think that some other countries would have also done the same...

Some one told that the school converted his 80 hrs into 140 hrs. He just had to pay them a % of the flying money...

basic
14th Mar 2009, 18:50
Well well Same old Mg uel.

This School is after your money! They just ruined philippine General Aviation thanks to him. Indians go hunger in India and the IP go hunger in Philippines.

Well if you want to be in the airline fast then this is your right tract. be sure you know how to walk and the same time talk:\:}

Aerocadet
30th Mar 2009, 14:03
I have been there.. Take care.. Scheduling sucks!

redbug_zippy
30th Sep 2009, 16:33
first of all AEROFLITE, :=

1. Management sucks BIG TIME!
2. operations manager was just a former "driver" of the company, he doesn't know how flying business works and all he cares is just getting money from students and his boss) or should i say "brother".
3. fake logbook entries (i don't know if they cleared it now)
4. conversion of flying time (e.g. fly 10 hrs of cessna 172 can be converted to 20 hrs of cessna 150) WEIRD!
5. didn't care for most of it's pilots
6. never had a concrete "gameplan' since the beginning. (do or die thing)
7. poor maintenance (using locally "recapped" tires just to save/get more money).

8. accomodation sucks also (staying in a cheap A** hotel).

of all you applicants who wants to come to this school, one piece of advise:

THINK FIRST!

Toulost
1st Oct 2009, 10:10
Errorflight Aviation.

M 0.78
10th Oct 2009, 08:17
The use of automotive fuel in certain airplanes is approved under supplemental type certificates (STC) approved by the FAA and issued by companies that have done extensive research and testing.

christiediem
10th Oct 2009, 23:03
is this school good?

i went there and they told me you can be their flight instructor after going through the whole pilot training package (ppl, cpl, mi, and fi).

how much is the pay of a flight instructor in pesos?

thanks.

tian yu
11th Oct 2009, 09:13
Yes true . . . auto fuel can be used for flight as stated by the STC, however . . . what has the POH/AFM has to say about this?

vtango
11th Oct 2009, 09:55
Bumped into one the guys from Aeroflite the other day at ATO...opps sorry as per RA9497 now its CAAP...whatever ;). Anyways coming back to the point...When asked as to what is the course fee at Aeroflite the guy replied..."Oh depends on how much you want to fly" :rolleyes:
1 mil pesos for 150 hrs in log book and ** hrs of actual flying
1.X mil for 200 hrs in log book and ** hrs of actual flying
1.X+Y mil for 200 hrs in logbook and *** hrs of actual flying

Oh Dear...:ugh:

Moral of the stroy?
You want a grade school kid to give you the moral?

M 0.78
13th Oct 2009, 02:27
"tian yu

True . . . but . . .
Yes true . . . auto fuel can be used for flight as stated by the STC, however . . . what has the POH/AFM has to say about this?"

Nothing. The STCs are "supplemental" and issued after the original type certificate and POH/AFM, ergo the nomenclature. When you pay for an STC, it is issued for a particular airframe registration and serial number and a particular engine serial number. It is not a "blanket" STC.

All auto fuel STCs require some modification of the airframe and engine. Some mods are as simple as attaching a placard near each fuel filler cap and an Adel clamp with the STC number on a pushrod tube. STCs for larger engines such as those on DC-3s require the engines to be opened up and the cam timing to be reset.

Addenda to the POH/AFM are also issued.

Not all airplanes that use the same basic engine can be STCed. For example, the Citabria 7KCAB and many Cessna 172s use the venerable Lycoming O-320. The Cessna can be STCed. The Citabria can't because its fuel system is more prone to vapor lock, which is the major concern when using auto fuel.

When the STCs first appeared back in the early 80s, leaded auto fuel was still available. Lead keeps the valve stems lubricated and helps cushion the impact on the valve seats when the valves close. The STCs require unleaded auto fuel to be mixed with 100LL avgas in a 3:1 ratio. Alternatively, unmixed unleaded auto fuel may be used if every fourth tank of fuel is 100% 100LL avgas.

I have operated large fleets of STCed trainers on auto fuel for years and years with no problems related to its use besides having to filter it very well. But you do need to know how to do it properly. I know of operators who made photocopies of our STCs and doctored them to show their own registration and serial numbers. But the certificates themselves are only two sheets of paper. The entire STC package is about 12 pages thick for a Cessna 150 or 152.

:rolleyes:

Note that there are all sorts of STCs issued for almost every popular aircraft in service. Look at all those Cessnas with Robertson STOL conversions or floats. Cessna never approved those conversions. If you take your brand new Cessna and have floats and a STOL conversion installed, your Cessna warranty is immediately void. You will not find a POH/AFM published by Cessna that will tell you how to operate your STOL floatplane in any library or aviation bookshop.

The two leading suppliers of auto fuel STCs have issued more than 74,000 STCs since 1982.

M 0.78
13th Oct 2009, 03:00
The CEO of a company that operates Dornier 228s told me yesterday that they received a communication from the CAAP regarding a certification of ground training allegedly issued by their chief pilot.

A foreign student from South Asia showed up with a certification of ground training for the Do-228. The certification was on obsolete letterhead of the company concerned and the signature was obviously forged.

It seems Hindustan Aircraft Industries (HAI) will soon be building Do-228s in India under license from Dornier. Do-228 ratings are going to be the rage and some of our local flying schools are already cashing in!

Whee!

:ouch:

garfieldslaststand
13th Oct 2009, 08:06
do not waste your money. padded logbooks, lousy instructors.
I had bad experience there.

ecureilx
14th Oct 2009, 04:03
It seems Hindustan Aircraft Industries (HAI) will soon be building Do-228s in India under license from Dornier. Do-228 ratings are going to be the rage and some of our local flying schools are already cashing in!
My 2 cents advice.

HAL had been building Do-228s for a long time .. and has placed them with various military and private operators, including the now defunct Vayudoot, and operational Jagsons.

And HAL building Do-228s mean nothing, as Indian Bureaucracy keeps Indians on certifications regardless whether it is made in India or not ..

And if my sources are right, India will supply the parts for the New Generation Do-228, to recommence production in "GERMANY"

tian yu
14th Oct 2009, 13:44
Hmm interesting...didnt know about all the details there M O 78 tnx for the insight! :ok:

powerstall
14th Oct 2009, 15:00
First they forge the ground schooling... then next is the padded logbook. :=

M 0.78
16th Oct 2009, 02:51
ecureilx,

Thanks for the clarification on construction of Do-228's by HAL.

The point I was trying to make is that certain individuals in a hurry for ratings are paying for falsified certifications here.

Cheers!

blackopsjjv
15th Jan 2010, 02:15
i came from aeroflite, i am now happy flying heavies in a reputable airline. i dont know with you guys, but i got it good.

chairwrecker
15th Jan 2010, 08:22
blackopsjjv u make me laugh. everybody in the islands knows this school should not have been given a permit by caap!

vtango
15th Jan 2010, 23:55
HALT! blackopsjjv might be telling the truth! more than 2 years back got to know of an indian "flying" in aeroflite had about 40 hrs of actual flying but much more in his book. He had come to visit some fellow indians flying at omni. that guy was telling that his dad was someone high up in one of the major airlines in India and that a job was waiting for him as long as he had a CPL! so nobody here is denying the fact that some ex aeroflite students might be "flying" heavies in India!

Again to be fair to the honest students...there are bad apples amongst good ones usually but in aeroflite i guess its the other way around! and yes 3 or 4 years back there were some good graduates from aeroflite...now i am told this school's reputation is known even to the regulators back in india! anyone planning to start their training here now is doing at their own risk!
dont take my word ...this is pprune :ok: you can see things for yourself when you make a few discreet enquiries at CAAP!:rolleyes:

chairwrecker
19th Jan 2010, 09:02
if you want to fly an AC whose busted spark plug was replaced by a spark plug from a car, then enroll in this school. :)

redbug_zippy
16th Aug 2010, 02:48
@ chairwrecker

really? i thought at first they were planning to replace the battery of a cessna 150 with a battery of a car...suicidal...

CAPT. MIGS what happened to you?

Sonny boy how's life going? Getting along with your battered wife huh?

hmmmmmmm....

vserian
16th Aug 2010, 03:21
Stay away!:=
Never go to the colleges that offer the courses for very less than 1 year unless its a well known and accredited.
Go to South Africa, you can get a quality training for less cost in less than 1.5 years!