PDA

View Full Version : accomodation in Brussels

Sisio
3rd Jan 2008, 11:23
I'm about to go in Brussels at hub'air for a month, anyone has suggestions for the accomodation?
Thanks in advance.
Sisio

BelArgUSA
3rd Jan 2008, 17:22
Brussels native here, and still visiting very frequently...
xxx
Two choices for you, either cheap/nice little hotels, with an extended stay rate (could go down to €50 per night), rates depends on the area. All rates include everything, no "taxes" or "fees"... Just everybody speaks English.
xxx
Be careful about hotels near the main train stations "Midi" or "Nord" (especially "Midi") as some hotels are dumps, and area not too nice at night, unless you speak Arabic or Turkish.
xxx
The other solution, you rent a room privately, you could even ask from a bed and breakfast location, in the BRU airport area called "Zaventem" (the main street there is called "Vilvoordelaan") walking distance from terminal building.
xxx
Plenty of info on the net. Do your homework on google.be and get back to me on PM for advice about area, places to eat and transport. Public transports are excellent, subway, trams and buses. Get a "monthly pass" for unlimited travel in the urban area. See "stib.be" for rates and info. Taxis are rather expensive. Inexpensive and excellent restaurants everywhere, opened late, even a few opened all night.
xxx
Airport is located some 15 km NE of city center, trains scheduled every 30 minutes to train stations "Nord, Central, or Midi", from 05:00 until 23:00.
xxx
:)
Happy contrails

Nichibei Aviation
3rd Jan 2008, 17:50
If you want to have a very cheap stay, you should head to Etap Hotel Brussels Airport (less than 60€ per night).
If money's not an issue, you should try Holiday inn Brussels Airport.
Also there is a Campanile hotel at 3 minute's walk from Hubair and they have quite reasonable rates, between Etap and Holiday Inn.
Most Brussels Airport hotels have a free shuttle from/to the airport.

One of our guys is doing training with them and said it is at walking distance from both hotels, but that there is public transportation (I believe a bus) doing these hotels and bringing you quite close to Hubair.

The best optin would be campanile hotel because it is very close.

Good luck with your A320 type-rating Sisio ;)

Ps: it seems Hubair is not in the airport itself but a bit outside, and not easily reachable from the airport.

Sisio
4th Jan 2008, 12:43
Thanks a lot for your help, I'm oriented on a room rent, even if I spend the same amount of money of an hotel, I won't have to go out for dinner all nights. I could buy some stuff and cook home.....money saving in this period is a MUST!!!
Found this.... http://www.airportapartments.be/en/intro.html
comments?

Nichibei Aviation
4th Jan 2008, 19:26
Well found!

Only thing is maybe the costs of a cab that would take you to hubair and back home everyday...count at least 25€ per day from those locations, unless you take bus 272 but I'm not sure that that bus passes there.

Also, that area is quite remote and the very first supermarket is about a 10 to 20 minute's walk but you will have a tram stop just across the street.

Take your car from Italy if you can, it will save you alot of money and coughs in the freezing winter of Belgium.

Cheers

Sisio
4th Jan 2008, 20:06
I'll probably rent a car, I'll leave my porsche home......:}:}:}
anyway thanks again for the advises and feel free to ask everything you want about Sicily....I'll answer you!!!!

Nichibei Aviation
4th Jan 2008, 21:26
La Sicilia ormai la conosco a memoria ;-)

In bocca al lupo

BelArgUSA
5th Jan 2008, 08:16
Going on "google.be", I found a lot of choices for Brussels B&B...
Some at €25.oo/night... i.e. www.bed-breakfast-viviane.be/index.shtml
Plenty of buses, trams and subways solutions.
xxx
:)
Happy contrails

toni_vi
19th Feb 2008, 15:57
Hi all,

I want to do my A320TR in Hubair.

I am looking for someone who had done A320TR in Hubair, because I need some information about:

- The company where I would do the Base training and how long I would wait to do it.

- And since I will start the course: How much money Will I spend in taxes or anything else that I don't know?.

- I am from Spain but I don't know if I have the minimum English level to do the course.

- Is it possible don't pass the Type Rating?

I hope someone someone can tell me about it. Thank you.

Regards,
Toni