View Full Version : Applying for Gulf Air

Snuggle Pot
16th Sep 2000, 17:15
I am thinking of applying at Gulf Air and just wondered if anyone could tell me what they expect from you at the interviews and how they are conducted. Also could you please tell me about the contract and benefits.
Thankyou

Octopus
17th Sep 2000, 00:52
Snuggle Pot

Hope you are female. GF doesn't take foreign males due to number of Bahrainis.

Interview long time ago but if you have knowledge of customer service and pleasant personality you should get through.

Contract supposed to be one year but just gets renewed. Money not as good as other airlines in Middle East and not sure of take-home but will try to find out.

Accommodation varies and luck counts for who you live with. If you are patient, have a sense of humour and get on well with other nationalities you should do just fine.

Any more info you need - post again!

cabinpressure
17th Sep 2000, 16:11
Well, it 's been a couple of years since i went through Gulf's interview process but hopefully these few pointers will help get you through the day.

One of the most important things & i know you hear it all the time but it is so true....you need to look the part, that means hair, makeup, nails need to be immaculately groomed, as this will be checked on entering the room esp. if Gulf sends one of the Grooming instructors for the recruitment ( normally 3 staff members are sent)

Allow a whole day, as the group will be culled in stages. Be prepared as you may have to give an impromptu 2min talk on a topic you pick out of a hat. There is also a group interview & a panel interview to get through but just be yourself & professional (& be ready for questions about how do you think you will cope living in a Muslim country etc?)

There are no contracts just a 3mth probationary period. Yes, you have to be lucky with accomadation & trips but in general, they tend to be looking after new girls a lot better these days. Benefits are good...2 free leave tickets on the Gulf network yearly, plus ID90 travel for yourself & parents & a new benefit introduced recently, you can nominate 2 friends to visit you in Bahrain as well.

Remember, like anything, it is what you make it...I have made some lifelong friends & i have seen some amazing places.

Good Luck with the interview & hope to see you in the sandpit.

Snuggle Pot
17th Sep 2000, 18:20
Thankyou so much for answering my questions.
I appreciate the time you have taken to write back. Do you get to bid for flights at all?
Anyway thankyou again.

PURSER69
19th Sep 2000, 03:18
Sorry no bidding for flights, however you can make 4 requests per year for blocks, days off or to fly with a friend etc. but you do not always get them accepted.
good luck & happy flying