PDA

View Full Version : Atpl Exams Monday

gd123
2nd Jan 2008, 16:46
Got my mod one exams on monday, feeling really confident with all subject apart from instruments. Ive joined bristols online question bank, passing the instrument exams averaging mid 90s but not from knowledge of the subject. Is it possible to pass exam on feedback and come back to the subject at a later date to really crack it or do you need to crack it before taking exam???

Mungo Man
3rd Jan 2008, 12:37
Three years ago I was just about the head off to BGS for the first refresher course. Been with an airline on jets for 12 months now and I occasionally dig my old notes out and wonder how the hell I did it! There is a huge ammount to learn, but if you understand the basics and hammer the feedback like a madman you should be fine.

gd123
3rd Jan 2008, 12:55
Feel like I understand the basics of all of them apart from instruments, however everyone keeps saying "you will be fine" hammer the feedback, its all in the feedback. It doesnt seem the correct way to do it,but if i can pass them i feel i have th rest of my life to learn it properly, quess thats why im in nail chewing mode

maxpower1770
3rd Jan 2008, 13:18
Alot of stuff about EFIS, TCAS , and Autopilot systems comes up . If your getting 90% in Brisol you should be fine

Finals19
3rd Jan 2008, 13:23
Look at it in two parts if you like.

The actual ATPL material and the progress tests: these test your understanding of the subject matter. You have to really grasp the subject to pass the tests. All prog. tests are submitted to the CAA to show you meet the required standards.

The CAA exams: many of the exams do not require total knowledge of each subject area, quite simply because there is so much material! Go to the residential ground school, absorb the intensive two week brush up and then hit the OQB and the feedback papers. Keep hitting them. Refer back to your notes if you absolutely need to, but just go to town on the OQB and the feedback. By the time you come to the exam, the questions and content should be second nature to you.

gd123
3rd Jan 2008, 13:25
Thanks for you help guys, feel 100% better now