PDA

View Full Version : Any chances to get hired by NetJets?

SkyEagle
2nd Jan 2008, 15:53
Hi!

Does anybody know how the status for NetJets is? I'm a former InterCockpit student - do you think they will accept me? I've over 1000 hours and some on jet.

And, for a friend of mine who is going to start his pilot education. Is it so that Oxford and NetJets has some connection together? Will Oxford students be hired by NetJets after education? If he takes the flight training on another flight school, will he still be able to apply for NetJets?

And one last thing: Does NetJets have any base in Germany or Austria? Or do you have to live in UK?

Happy new year! :)

davepearsall
2nd Jan 2008, 16:30
http://www.oxfordaviation.net/netjets/nj_main.htm

SkyEagle
2nd Jan 2008, 16:38
So OAT is the only way to become a NetJets pilot now?

buzzc152
2nd Jan 2008, 16:53
Why don't you look on the Netjets website. It's all there in plain English.

Buzz

redsnail
2nd Jan 2008, 17:05
SkyEagle,

The Netjets Europe website should answer all your questions. There's a lot more info over in the Bizjet forum.

In short, if you're a zero hour guy, OATS is the only way in.

If you have less than 1500 hours, then you cannot be considered for the jet fleet although you might be considered for the B1900. (only 1)
From what I can tell, once you're "experienced" where you learnt to fly is not that important, it's you, your hours and your experience that's far more important.

We don't do bases, only Gateways (list on the website) and you definitely do not have to live in the UK.

dartagnan
2nd Jan 2008, 20:15
when you pay OATS, some of your money(40%) go directly in the pocket of Netjet Europe.

Lima288
2nd Jan 2008, 20:42
you have got to be kidding......!!!!!

gone till november
2nd Jan 2008, 21:20
Skyeagle

Redsnail has just about said it all other than you need 500hrs multi and i believe preferably Multi Crew.

In 2007 NJE employed 350 pilots with some 170 needed in 2008. How many of these will be cadets im not sure but at the momemnt we are slightly overcrewed and will even out this year.

Good luck:ok:

redsnail
2nd Jan 2008, 22:00
Dartagnan... nice wind up. :D

GTN, cheers, I forgot that little detail. Just had a sensaish curry with a few crew in sunny Lootin. I've heard about your pasta effort in Napoli. Respect. :ok:

gone till november
3rd Jan 2008, 00:01
Red

Ahhhhh Napoli.....Im still digesting it. Wouldnt it be terrible to deny all the new cadets and DEP's the delights of the Days Inn and the cornucopia of ways to eat nearby. Innevitably followed by Delhi Belly at your 03:00 report.

Skyeagle

Forgot to mention that the best way to get into NJE is by recommendation as it is with most companies. Once in the interview its all about can someone put up with you for 6 days. Ive known guys with 8,000hrs (mostly command) get the bullet because they did come across as someone you would want to be with for one hour let alone 144 of them.

tumboseppala
5th Jan 2008, 11:32
Getting to NetJets isnīt terribly difficult since they need lots of pilots. But what it comes to their pretty special business, as a high-class bizjet company they basically require 1500hrs commercial experience - minimum.

OAT is not the only way to NetJets - not at all.

You just need to work with some other airline for few years - get your hours, and experience and consider NetJets after that.

As a company they are great. Good benefits and quite flexible company. You can also take good advantage from their many gateways. You can start your tour from your base and stop it anywhere you want - and start there again after your 5day break. So you can easily set-up some nice holidays :)

And just have to mention, that NJ pilots get really low-hours - about 30hrs per month.

-tumboseppala

Beertender
5th Jan 2008, 11:57
I heard Netjets were also looking for B1900 rated pilots for crewing their maintenance fleet, I believe it's another back door to get in. After 2 years they will offer you the RHS on one of their biz jets. Not sure if this is still the case...

hollingworthp
5th Jan 2008, 19:31
NJE only operate one Beechcraft so there are never going to be too many seats open and I think you need 700/750 hours.