PDA

View Full Version : Most airlines hiring directly from flight schools?

SkyEagle
2nd Jan 2008, 14:06
Hi!
Is the situation now that all major companies are hiring students directly from flight schools? Let's say that I would like to work for Air Berlin. If I don't go to their flight school which they have contact with, will it be out of the question to work for them?

I've about 1000 hours now, some of them on jet. Currently wondering about to start on a Beechjet 400A, but not sure if it's better to work in an airline or not. Air Berlin is one company that I've been looking on for a while. I'm also willing to pay for the A320 TR.

But the final question is anyway: Are most airlines hiring from flight schools they stay in touch with, or is it possible to apply for an airline even though you are from a "foreign" Flight School? I took my education at InterCockpit, and now thinking about Air Berlin.

cold_soak
2nd Jan 2008, 15:58
Hi skyeagle,

as far as I know the AirBerlin Cadet scheme only started a few months ago. So the first batch of new pilots won't be ready for about a year or so.
From what I have heard they should be recruiting quite a number of guys/gals from other schools in the meanwhile.

Check the website of a company called "Interpersonal". They do the recruitment on AirBerlin's behalf.

Good luck!!

SkyEagle
2nd Jan 2008, 16:06
So when the first pilots from their training will be finished, the chances for an "outsider" will get pretty bad I guess?:ouch:

cold_soak
2nd Jan 2008, 16:13
No, I don't think that one class of cadets will be enough to cover the need for staff of a rapidly growing company.
It's up to you to make your move, mate.....

SkyEagle
2nd Jan 2008, 16:14
I see. Thank you a lot for your kind help!:)

blueb0y79
3rd Jan 2008, 00:31
I know for a fact agencies such as Rishworth and Parc are recruiting low houred type rating cadet direct from schools. For a list of positions see www.AviationRecruitment.co.uk