PDA

View Full Version : Qantas cadet Stage 3

wichitalineman
2nd Jan 2008, 09:40
Hi all, finally found the Dunnunda forum after many useless months spent on the main forum

couple of questions:

How long does the OHA take?

What kind of questions were asked in the interview? Is it mainly behavioural, or do you need good knowledge of the aviation industry and Qantas in particular?

Much thanks for any help

ben.oregan
2nd Jan 2008, 10:52
The OHA wasn't too long for me, maybe 30mins or so, plus about 10-15 minutes with the nurse, roughly.
I had a few questions relating to Qantas, but other than that I was asked about myself eg. family, background etc., then the rest was just behavioural questions. Much like you'd expect from any normal job interview really.

biggles7374
2nd Jan 2008, 21:13
Hi

What does the Qantas OHA cover? Is it the same as a class 1 medical?

Any advice would be appreiated.

Andy

2ndGen
10th Jan 2008, 22:56
I just got that email too, for interview and (finally) skills testing. I too am interested in any interview questions that people may know of. I have heard that it is mostly behavioural questions now also, however I have heard rumours that they may ask which a/c fly which routes. Also, they don't need you to know the ins and outs of every a/c they own, however they will want you to know how many of which a/c they have. Also, keep up to date with QF in the media. Have a few questions of your own to ask as well, nothing looks worse in an interview than when you are asked 'So any questions for us?' and you go... 'um.....no, no i'm ok...:}'

ben.oregan
10th Jan 2008, 23:08
As FP_Ace said, the OHA is pretty much a CASA Class 1 medical, but I think it has a few small differences.
I was asked to list a few of the aircraft types that Qantas has in its fleet, and then I had to list a few of the destinations that they flew with one of those aircraft. For example, where does the A330 go?

And yes 2ndGen, it is a good idea to formulate a few questions (doesn't have to be anything huge) to ask at the end.

teesa
19th Jan 2008, 06:51
Hey guys,
I don't know if this is the right place to ask... has anybody found out if they've gotten into the Qantas cadet program in 08? I know they said they would notify us 25th January but I thought I might ask around. I'm waiting in anticipation for the big news.

2ndGen
19th Jan 2008, 23:52
well teesa have you done all the assessments/interviews etc? I am doing interview this week so I would guess nothing is finalised yet.

teesa
20th Jan 2008, 01:20
oh wow i did not know they were still doing interviews.
yeh ive done everything i need to i think.
goodluck!

ben.oregan
20th Jan 2008, 01:52
I got the phonecall on Friday. They're going to be in contact with me again in the next week or so about all the details.
But I've heard that even the set date of the 25th isn't a concrete date.

2ndGen
20th Jan 2008, 05:01
so ben do you mean you got THE phonecall, in a positive sense!? You got in?

teesa
20th Jan 2008, 06:45
congrats!! that's awesome. which program did you get into?

ben.oregan
20th Jan 2008, 06:59
Indeed it was THE phonecall for the Autumn commercial program.

tomyangyang
20th Jan 2008, 09:58
Good day Ben, first of all congrats on getting through:). (Well done to Teesa as well.)

I am applying for the Assoc. Degree at Swinbunre, and I have done everything, (testings and HOA and interview in Oct. last year.) They have asked me for my dental x-rays and criminal records, as well as my year 12 results. A couple of days ago they rang me and asked for a couple of loose documents to be faxed through.

When I asked them about the outcome date, they just said they are chasing people up now so the applicants can get their outcome before the 25th Jan. outcome.

From your phone call Ben, was your impression that they are not going to let us know the outcome by the 25th?

Cheers

2ndGen
20th Jan 2008, 20:58
Its going to be difficult for them to have it organised by 25th, i know for fact there are some interviews running tomorrow. Not impossible but cetainly difficult. Congratulations ben!

tomyangyang
24th Jan 2008, 06:24
The notification of outcome is tomorrow, and I still have no news today, I am applying for the Asso. at Swinburne, and I had my reference checks done last week.

Has anyone applying for Swinburne got the Call or the Letter?

Cheers.

teesa
24th Jan 2008, 06:35
yeh i got the bad letter today to say i didn't get in. was dated 17th jan so took week to get here. pretty **** but oh well. goodluck to everyone else!! let us know how it goes :)

xXmuffin0manXx
24th Jan 2008, 10:50
teesa..bad luck

but you going to try and get through

by getting your commerical license privately

then applying again for qantas commercial ..?

dont quit just yet..btw

can i ask what kind of results you entered with..?

it would perhaps benefit others by giving

an idea of what the qantas wants.

thanks !

tomyangyang
24th Jan 2008, 21:33
Hi Teesa, bad luck, but keep trying yeah?

To everyone else and myself, good luck for today.

teesa
24th Jan 2008, 22:18
thanks guys. yeh goodluck to everyone else! today's the big day :P

to answer the question what sort of results i'd entered with... um do u mean school or flying? i've only done bout 8hrs flying. at school got UAI 98.85 and distinction average at uni. but yeh, marks aren't everything.

i'm going to try and get more hours up this year whilst continuing uni.

all those who do get in, keep us updated this year to how it all goes!! all the best :)

tomyangyang
25th Jan 2008, 01:53
98 for year 12 results, that's a huge effort teesa.

Has anyone applying for Asso. at Swinburne got contacted today yet? It's getting kind of stressing.

tomyangyang
25th Jan 2008, 02:31
Hey mate, congrats, that's really well done.:)

You applying for the Asso. Degree as well yeah?

danger85
25th Jan 2008, 08:18
Got a phone call today, asking to contact CASA to get them to fax my Class 1 to recruitment. I did my medical at Q on the 7th Jan, during my occupational health assesment. Rang CASA and guess what...no record of my class 1 having been recieved and processed:eek::confused::confused:

Back on the phone to Q and through to Q Medicals and a low and behold they had never sent off the application:mad::mad:

So now they have to send it off and I have to wait until Wednesday to get CASA to fax it through, assuming they feel like processing it in a timely manner. Not really what I needed today and I have no idea how this will effect my application.

Will wait and see.:rolleyes: