PDA

View Full Version : BA Cockpit Intruder

ckp747
18th Mar 2001, 18:30
The passenger who nearly crashed the BA2069 on 29th December 2000 was on a previous flight from Lyon - France on 28th December. Believed to be BA2357 where alledgedly he tried to open the a/c door!!! Any information would be appreciated. Thanks

Sick Squid
18th Mar 2001, 19:36
...and for what reason do you seek this extra information, pray? Sorry, but the wording is a bit strange, leads me to think there's another motive here.

ckp747
18th Mar 2001, 19:54
I was on the BA2069 any info on the intruder will be helpful.

Thanks

Sick Squid
18th Mar 2001, 23:11
Cool....thought I detected another motive.

Don't know about him trying to open the door.... His behaviour had been suspect enough for the purser to inform the Captain of her concerns. The Captain then arranged for the gentleman to be met by security on arrival, and the rest is history.

10 out of 10 to the cabin crew on board the Lyons flight, in my book. As to the door opening, I think that may be a bit of Chinese whispering.

£6

[This message has been edited by Sick Squid (edited 18 March 2001).]

kfly
20th Mar 2001, 03:53
I would be grateful for any information on this guy's behaviour on the Lyon flight..... It would be good to get the facts not the fiction!

I was seriously injured on the Nairobi flight.

Alien Shores
20th Mar 2001, 05:24
You want the facts? Here's one for you.. the FIRST person on the flight deck following Mr What's-his-names attempt at suicide was the relief First Officer. He was stretching his legs at the time and had reached the back galley of the aircraft. He was closely followed by the Captain from the bunk area, and together they wrestled the 'gentleman' as Mr Squid put it, clear.

Think about this for a second.... the F/O travelled the full length of an aircraft that was banked at over xx degrees for some of the period, and varying between xx degrees nose up, and xx degrees nose down.... and got there first.

All this before a single member of the cabin crew even stirred in the general direction of the cockpit. Where were the upper deck crew at the time?

Where are all the BA cabin crew I meet down route who pour such scorn on their pilots? If one of you had been first on the flight deck, I might listen in future...

That's a fact.... don't know about Lyon, sorry.

[This message has been edited by Alien Shores (edited 20 March 2001).]

.. and the edit by me is because I'm not sure if the exact figures are public domain yet, I've only seen them in in-house confidential notices. Suffice to say they were in the extreme range. Soon as I've checked in the office, I'll put 'em back up.

... confidential briefings only work if confidentiality is maintained.

Sick Squid
Cabin Crew Forum Moderator

[This message has been edited by Sick Squid (edited 20 March 2001).]

Carnage Matey!
22nd Mar 2001, 05:23
Alien Shores I'm shocked at you! How dare you pour scorn on our LH cabin crew! Are you not aware of FCO 1 which (should) clearly state "Thou must, under no circumstances, criticise your cabin crew lest you upset BASSA and find yourself facing a disciplinary."? One member of the upper deck cabin crew has an 'interesting' explanation as to what he/she was doing prior to this incident. But then Hey!, he/she earns much more than I do so as a humble jet jock who am I to criticise? Off to practice on my assault course for when I get my 744 conversion!

[This message has been edited by Carnage Matey! (edited 22 March 2001).]

Birds2perches
22nd Mar 2001, 14:28
What will be learnt from this potential catastrophe though is more the question? In my humble opinion, I do believe that perhaps some airlines (not BA in particular I stress) are a little too relaxed about who visits the flight deck and all too often, requests to sit in the flight deck for take-off and landing are granted without a second thought. Passengers attitude towards flying has changed. Far more people are flying than ever before so perhaps a clamp down in this area in the interest of safety for all should be considered. If there were ever a suicidal pax on board, a request to sit in the flight deck for take-off or landing would the the easiest way to do it! http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/eek.gif