PDA

View Full Version : What's happening at BMI?

GOAROUNDMAN
1st Jan 2008, 14:54
Can anybody tell me what's happening at BMI? About six months ago they were looking for people to do 'in-house' work on the A330's and now I have heard that Lufthansa Technik is now doing all their Base Maintenance for their aircraft in Malta and Budapest. I also heard there were job losses at the BMI Hangar at East Midlands and according to other forums the complete airline is now being sold to Lufthansa! :confused:

North Stand Tier3
2nd Jan 2008, 09:32
EMA base maintenance closed 18 months ago with 180 redundancies-skeleton crew left to work various projects within bmi/baby group. Base maintenance outsourced around the houses but now contracted to LHT in Europe with odd bit n bob that LHT can't do given to whichever MRO can provide it! A320 C check done before Xmas back at EMA under budget and two days early due unable to fit in anywhere else-yes,you work it out. As for the airline,don't think anyone knows at the mo' except SMB but it's going to be an interesting 12 months.

Oy,you ain't seen me...right?...............................................

GOAROUNDMAN
6th Jan 2008, 11:00
Thank's Northstand Tier 3. Must have been hard on all those who lost their Jobs but to tell you the truth, the way Ryanair and Easyjet are expanding I can't see BMIBaby being around much longer either! :suspect:

slapdash8
9th Jan 2008, 20:27
BMI mainline to BA
BMI Regional to Flybe, for swift disposal of the EMB135
& BMIBaby bye bye

A330Ryan
9th Jan 2008, 20:53
They do hearing aids for that....

Who are BMIbaby... I know who bmibaby are though! :ugh:

Its not EASYJET, klm or THOMSON-FLY... just like its not BMI..

:zzz: Im obviously tired... time for bed me thinks!:ok:

slapdash8
9th Jan 2008, 21:30
i forget the whole £millions a year just to keep the bmi name on the tail. then again, bmi regional are similar, so i know what im hearing is utter nonsense. sounded good though.

the thought of more barbie jets rolling though the hangar doors on handback fills me with pure delight :rolleyes: