PDA

View Full Version : Royal Air Maroc jet endorsement

kesskidi
31st Dec 2007, 17:06
Hi
I know a guy who payed for his jet endorsement with RAM
where is it posibl to find reliable informations about that ?
do they really hire you after that rating ?
thanks in advance.
K

Springbok614
1st Jan 2008, 08:20
....maybe you should ask this guy you know to tell you! :ok:

concordino
1st Jan 2008, 16:40
RAM runs a program through eagle jet for JAA licensed pilots.

Some pilots get offers of employment after paying for line training on the 737 NG. Only these offers are applicable to work for Atlas Blue on the 737-400's.

:)

Nightrider
1st Jan 2008, 17:36
But this offer does not work! The DAC considers the Classic and the NG as two different type -ratings. The Eagle pilots are trained on the NG and are checked-out on the NG, means they have to do the conversion course. This costs money, money RAM does not like to invest as they have enough F/Os on the Classic.
Sending their own people to the NG is a promotion, means there are more implications involved as just a conversion to the NG....:uhoh::mad:

concordino
2nd Jan 2008, 06:22
Nightrider,
I take it you are one of the lot doing this.
The issue is very controversial for Moroccan Pilots thus comes the complications from the Moroccan DAC.
A conversion course is required by all Aviation Authorities from Classics to NG and vice versa.
The hours obtained on the NG should be enough for anyone to go back to Europe and get a paying job, and too often most JAA rated guys have both 737 endorsment on their licenses.
So the offer remains valid for Atlas Blue provided a "classics" endorsment existed on your license before joining for line training.
This begs the question: why would anyone want to go back to classics if they can fly on an NG?

Nightrider
2nd Jan 2008, 17:03
Concordino, no, I am not one of them, I just see the poor guys using their parents money or expensive loans for something they should be actually paid for.:bored:
Secondly, in most countries of this world a B737 is issued including 300-900 versions, this means that a familarization is required, not a conversion, which is actually another type rating.:bored:
The hours obtained are for most not enough. Had the unpleasant occasions to see some of these RAM-Eagle candidates to be send home from evaluation checks as they did not manage to fly a simple standard non-precision approach....and I am not blaming the young colleagues for this! This is a training issue!:*
Atlas Blue, now this will be another discussion, the 737 is history there, watch this space. News to be revealed very very shortly.:oh:
No, I am not with Atlas Blue and another no, I am not with RAM either. Just close....:E

concordino
2nd Jan 2008, 19:03
As stated before,

This whole subject is very controversial, if you are nearby you surely know about it.

When there is prejudice, the whole training experience can be inexistent or negative. I think that is what happened with few of the chaps.

As for BMM i think there is something cooking for them, although not sure but it risks being big.

Maybe something to do with RGL ? I'll let you reveal when you want in due time.

:ok:

B-737
3rd Jan 2008, 11:10
If you are a moroccan citizen it is normal because atlas blue hires moroccan people with no hours on type , you must have a valid type rating on B 737 or A 321 and then you get hired, so maybe this guy is moroccan and had paid for a type rating in ram academy and then he got hired. If he is not moroccan , i don't know how he did that

kesskidi
3rd Jan 2008, 20:49
....maybe you should ask this guy you know to tell you! :ok:

If he is not moroccan , i don't know how he did that

your right but the funny thing is that this guy was air senegal's chief pilot son and when I asked him how much his father was paying for this toy he didn't even know the answer and looked lightly surprised to know his father paid something.

2 different worlds.

regarding the training question it can be an issue and I doubt 200 cessna hours and 20 twinn will be enough for any guy to feel comfortable with a 737
but on this one I don't really know what I'm talking about

I'm not ready to pay to work, as "working" to me means "earn a living" and not getting poor.
I just wanted some informations about this "program".

thanks for all your replys guys
:ok: