PDA

View Full Version : CAA Paper work for a TR

Sephore
31st Dec 2007, 08:30
Hi,

very simple question as i tried to reach the CAA but they're off until the 2nd of january.

I've completed my type rating in Germany but only have the form from Germany showing the completion of the TR, the score on the written exam etc...., for guys who did the same in a country outside the UK do we need to fill any CAA form or the forms from the country where I've completed my TR is enough for the CAA as it was told to me that it is, otherwise I have to contact urgently the TRTO to have the paper work done properly.

No need to say that I have a UK license, thanks guy :ok:

dartagnan
31st Dec 2007, 09:05
no, u shoudn't have any problem cuz the forms are JAA (it is even written in english).

there is a form to download for type rating (this one must be signed by the examiner), and the payment form to send.

provide:

payment form,
request for type rating endorsment (Be sure to ask for PIC and SIC)
certificate of simulator
license of all examiners, instructors
certificate of the schools approval
certificate of the school to you

it will take 3-6 weeks for processing.
took me over 5 weeks due probably to high demand and mistake we did (PIC training not mentioned).

if there is a problem the CAA will ask you more forms.

:ok:

Sephore
31st Dec 2007, 12:26
Thanks buddy,

the only problem is about the form, the examiner has already signed the german form etc... in english of course, I don't know if I still need the CAA one.

Nevertheless I'll ask the CAA by wednesday and go directly there to have my license the same day if possible and of course pay for the fees :{

BillieBob
31st Dec 2007, 13:40
Don't forget certified evidence of the required aircraft training.

Sephore
31st Dec 2007, 14:29
I have all the papers concerning the school, the simulators (CL & NG), the examiner, the certificate for the 6 touch and go's etc.....

I hope it's going to be enough

:ok:

Curtis E Carr
31st Dec 2007, 17:41
You may need this form (http://www.caa.co.uk/docs/33/SRG1119.pdf). In particular, see Section 5 (I could be wrong, though).