PDA

View Full Version : Ubisoft "Forgotten Battles"-major problem.

Ignition Override
31st Dec 2007, 05:23
As a background, I'm an older guy who has played "Quick Combat' for a while.
I have limited abilities with computers (know little about games)-this is no exaggeration or understatement-and recently un-installed the original "Forgotten Battles". I had no idea how to program a longer-range actual mission, but "Quick Combat" has always been easy.

After re-installing the game, the aircraft images on the screen move very slowly in a gradual, fragmented, flickering type of motion. The control stick is out of phase with the aircraft response.
When this happened before it was un-, then re-installed, simply exiting and starting the game from scratch solved the problem. I've done this re-installing
twice.

How can you tell an older guy (who flies very old airplanes for an airline) with no 'x-generation game/computer knowledge' how to fix this, using very simple, "Jurassic" steps?
Or does this require advanced skills?

If my brand-new "IL-2 1946" game could be installed, none of the problem with the older game would matter. Our newer harddrive is Windows XP.
When "1946" is put in the drive, the game never appears on screen, and using 'control', 'settings' to "add program", it only asks for a file name. It appears to be a dead-end street.
Thanks for any basic tips.