PDA

View Full Version : EOG- Help required !!!!

fantum farter
15th Mar 2001, 20:14
Help.My girlfriend has an asessment day with EOG at Cranebank next week so looking for info on what goes on there from all you happy chaps and chapesses already there.
Also would like details of actual take home pay if anyone would care to give an average.Is it an hourly rate for flight pay or is it on breakfast/lunch/dinner with early reports overtime etc.
Any help much appreciated.

------------------
PFFFFFFSSSSST !!!

fantum farter
17th Mar 2001, 15:10
Anyone?????????

------------------
PFFFFFFSSSSST !!!

Sick Squid
17th Mar 2001, 17:42
Only a limited knowledge of the Cabin Crew deal at BA EuroLGW, but I can tell you that the allowances amount to an hourly rate, somewhere in the region of £2.20 per hour. Breakfasts are included in the room rate, and the majority actually seem to drag themselves up for them as well!

As to the assessment, sorry, no idea. I think there are one or two Gatwick shorthaul Cabin Crew in here who may help if they see this.

EOG was born out of the BA takeover of Dan Air in the early 1990's, and operates a very wide shorthaul route network. The crews are generally younger, and the work atmosphere seems very pleasant most of the time.

Sick Squid

[This message has been edited by Sick Squid (edited 17 March 2001).]

kfly
18th Mar 2001, 03:03
Hi,

I know someone who has recently had an assessment.If your girlfriend has been for cabin crew interviews before then the format is probably much the same. Usual height, weight, health questionnaires. Maths and English are tested, psycology multi choice questionnaire, followed by team work exercises, discussions, etc. Wish her luck

fantum farter
26th Mar 2001, 19:44
SS and Kfly,

Thank you for your help.Just got the letter today and she's been offered a position with them-no more night charter for her !!!! :)

------------------
PFFFFFFSSSSST !!!

kfly
27th Mar 2001, 02:31
Congratulations!! Well done.

I hope you will be very happy with BA.

Big Jugs!
30th Mar 2001, 01:31
Allowances have just gone up to £1.99 per hour of duty international & £1.70 domestic rate.In most hotels we get a voucher which pays for breakfast or towards ad hoc expenses.
We get 8 or 9 days off a month and generally work 6 days on with 2 days off and spend between 2-4 nights away a week.
She won't get away from the charter work though as we do several charter flights at the weekend some getting back in the early hours.
When she gets on line ask for purser Big Jugs - I'll look after her!!