PDA

View Full Version : Does someone knows what happend with the TMA pilots in Lebanon?

obscure
30th Dec 2007, 16:02
Hi, i was wondering what happend to the pilots of TMA in Beirut,Lebanon. I mean where did they go? Are they flying for MEA now? Does anyone knows? Thanks.

wannabe-aviator
30th Dec 2007, 17:00
MEA has only been able to absorbe a handfull of TMA pilots not many at all, TMA had over 300 personel out of the Job when they went bust and many of those were pilots who are now either sitting idle or are working for peanuts to get ends meat.

The Lebanese Pilots Association tried to make it a govermental decree that TMA cannot employ any non-lebanese pilots but thanks to Mr. Hariri Senior then Junior that was never the case for TMA went on to WET lease Aircraft with foreign crews to get around any potential rullings.

Last I heard from Mr. FADI SAAB his the Chairman of TMA they are expecting an injection of funds for 2008 and also some Airbus on Dry lease/Purchase are coming soon inchallah so but then again Fadi has mentioned this before and again and again but nothing comes of it but this time talk is advancing maybe even a potential sell of the TMA Brand for a new owner to apply for an AOC from the LCAA.

But to reply to your questions there are over 60 pilots with no JOBS at this moment in time depends on who you speak to.

Yalla ma3 alef salame we kil 3am we inta wel ahel bekheir.

WA

ODGUY
31st Dec 2007, 13:12
To add to the post above, a few are flying in the business sector in Lebanon, another with flying carpet I believe, and a few ventured on their own and tried other gigs. Other than that, thanks to local politicians who overnight turned into heroes, TMA had foreigners flying, while their pilots were sitting doing nothing.

wannabe-aviator
31st Dec 2007, 16:19
Ahlan ODGUY

Kifak ya zalame, I never knew that Mazen took any TMA guys on thats new to me but well done for Mazen trying to help out, but I really think and from what ive been told and heard there will be changes at TMA for better inchallah.

As for Politics Lets hope that stays as far away from Aviation as possible I really cannot wait till 2009 thats when officially th Monopoly of MEA will be scrapped not unless the above mentioned polician MR. H Junior does something more unproductive for lebanese Aviation.:ugh:

WA:ok: