PDA

View Full Version : Urgent Answer Req.. reg FAA Frozen ATPL

jet_air
30th Dec 2007, 15:26
Hello People,
I just got selected by an Airline in the gulf as a second officer but now they are asking me to get my frozen ATPL also. I am 20 years old and am not an American but i hold an Valid FAA CPL with MER and i have 270 hours of flying. Can you please guide me on how to obtain it and how tough is the exam or is similar to the CATS TESTS for other licenses and how soon can i obtain it.. Plz Help.. U R Advice is highly Appreciated.:ok:

pilotincommand
30th Dec 2007, 16:09
There is no such thing as a frozen ATPL in the US. You could sit the ATP written but it is meaningless without sitting the checkride. To get an ATP you need 1500 hours. Frozen ATPL is a term used in Europe and a number of other places to identify someone who has met all the requirements for an ATPL except the hours. When you have the hours and complete a few extra items on your next LPC, you get given a full ATPL.

Your best bet might be to ask the authorities in the place where you are planning to work what their requirements are but, if you have to take a full set of ATPL exams, it could be a long process.

BelArgUSA
30th Dec 2007, 17:49
Hello Jet Air -
xxx
As Pilotincommand mentioned here above, the frozen ATP does not exist with the US/FAA... Besides that, to take the written FAA/ATP you must have 1500 hours TT and be at least 23 years old anyway.
xxx
My only suggestion, should you continue with the US/FAA licencing and qualifications, I would suggest to you, to complete a jet type rating with your FAA CPL, such as A-320 or B-737, that would be as an answer to such requirements as "multi crew licence" and "frozen ATPL" etc. as existing with JAR licencing.
xxx
At least, to my opinion, that would be a valid equivalent.
Ask them if it would be acceptable qualification...
Good luck to you.
:)
Happy contrails

Ayla
31st Dec 2007, 05:52
Most of the Gulf Airlines are looking for a JAA equivelancy in licencing. To that end I think they are expecting you to do a training course that will bring your theoretical knowledge to the more in depth levels required to JAA ATPL Theoretical knowledge level.
There are a number of schools in the middle east that offer such a programme and it is commonly known as a Bridge Training Programme. What is important for you is that the course is accepted by the authority and the airline you are going to.
Please pm me if you need more details.

jet_air
31st Dec 2007, 07:04
Could you please explaing me regarding the MCC for FROZEN ATPL.

pilotincommand
31st Dec 2007, 13:38
MCC is a JAA term. It stands for Multi-Crew Cooperation and is a short course, part classroom, part simulator, that must be completed before you can add a multi-crew type to a JAR licence.

It usually costs about £2500 but I've never heard of these courses outside Europe.