PDA

View Full Version : Comair Requirements

fly1981
30th Dec 2007, 12:07
Hey Everyone,

Does anyone have any idea as to what the experience requirements are for comair?Are they planning on Hiring in the new year? anyone have any contact details for me? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers.

beckers
31st Dec 2007, 05:03
As far as I know they are 1000tt and 200ME. Apart from that a thick skin and a second income:E. (It is still not a bad company)
They are most probably taking on crew - at about 4 a month for the foreseeable future. They have given start dates all the way through to March. The April intakes have already been interviewed.
It is worth putting in your CV regardless of your experience. They are going to take the best in the industry that they can find. Eventually the list shortens....

Springbok614
31st Dec 2007, 06:39
I got this from a Comair pilot:

Minimum hours I think 1000 or 1200, must have at least 200hrs twin, and must have turbine time.

Added advantages are multicrew experience
Intstructor ratings
Turbine instructor rating
ATP subjects are an added advantage

I suppose something in the order of 2000hrs with 500 multi turbine and full ATP should put you in the front---ish of the que

line-driver
31st Dec 2007, 06:52
Why would you want to:ugh::ugh:

If you are looking for a career and modern equipment, go SAA.
If you want jet time quickly, go Nationwide, (once they are up and running fully)
If you want command quickly, go Nationwide.
If you want the worst F/O salary of the domestic operators, go Comair.
If you want the most unstable roster, go Comair.
If you want to spend every living moment on a nightstop in CPT, go Comair.
If you want to fly to the limit of FDP, and beyond, on a regular basis, go Comair.
If you don't like your family and prefer to spend all your free time at work, go Comair.

why :ugh::ugh:

The777dream
31st Dec 2007, 07:38
Is it that bad line-driver ? have you been there yourself ?
but you do have a few valid points there on your list ! :}

WRX737
1st Jan 2008, 12:04
When I worked at Comair for the two years before last, it was definately the best airline that I have worked for!!!!

And yes i can comment having flown for Link, Nationwide, Comair and now SAA!!!

REAL ORCA
1st Jan 2008, 15:42
Comair is going through a bad patch at the moment but I am sure it will be sorted out within months rather than years. Both parties has to much to lose!

Romeo E.T.
2nd Jan 2008, 23:11
Comair is going through a bad patch at the moment but I am sure it will be sorted out within months rather than years.

Very optimistic...I wish it so toooo...:hmm::hmm::suspect::suspect:

dickyd737
22nd Feb 2008, 07:49
:ok:Words out, its the coolest again, everyone has made friends, pay is good again, rosters, exceedance etc, all in the agreement.

send cv's, pilots urgently needed for expansion. hopefully!
there will always be whingers, its a pilot thing, look past that, its a pretty good place, and a good bunch of guys/girls, best cabin crew too!!!!!!!

fly1981
23rd Feb 2008, 01:38
Good to hear!do you perhaps have an email address for the CV?thanks for the info.

CJ750
23rd Feb 2008, 03:57
Haven,t You Forgot Being Ex-military As A Requirement. It Was A Few Years Ago. Or Has It Changed And The Comair Squadron Been Disbanded.:}

beckers
24th Feb 2008, 13:40
Times have changed........

But Jet or Airline experience is preferred. And also when your first CV and how often you have updated all counts.

My advice - even if you don't think you have the requirements yet - start applying and get on the system.

Baron Bigglesworth
26th Feb 2008, 05:49
Haven,t You Forgot Being Ex-military As A Requirement. It Was A Few Years Ago. Or Has It Changed And The Comair Squadron Been Disbanded

I suspect that's something that's faded away as the military source drys up due low annual hours. SAX is the same - ex-transport, chopper and navigators, Comair ex-jetties. SAA ex-everything.

Most Management Captains and Training Captains still ex-SAAF!:rolleyes:

dickyd737
26th Feb 2008, 06:47
ex military, nah, maturity, definitely, a good cv is a good cv, no matter where you got your experience, if you dont apply you wont know!

dickyd737
26th Feb 2008, 06:49
Andre le uys, or Henry Seczyck, at comair, dont have an address, best is to have it handed in by someone who works there, that way it gets to the right place, same everywhere i guess.