PDA

View Full Version : Jetstream Executive Travel/Jetstream Express

captainyonder
30th Dec 2007, 10:27
Although these guys tried scheduled services from Blackpool in May/June this year to ABZ/BHD/SOU and pulled off them very quickly, aren't there many more good openings for them to operate a decent scheduled service? They have the infrastructure and off the top of my head I can think of the following routes which would work well for them:

DND-BHD (ex FlyWhoosh)
DND-BHX (ex FlyWhoosh)
DND-MAN (ex Eastern)
CWL-MAN (ex Air Southwest)
CWL-LON (ex Air Wales)
LPL-LON (ex VLM)
BLK-LON (ex Ryanair)

There's probably many more, but these are just a few that came to mind a look particularly suitable looking at the CAA PAX figures for the routes. It seems to have gone a bit quiet of late at JXT.

MeNelty
30th Dec 2007, 10:38
Did they not send their A/C to Manx2?

tangoecho
30th Dec 2007, 19:17
Highland airways has one of their aircraft...

Captain Caveman
30th Dec 2007, 20:54
I understand Jetstream Express was formed with an outside investor and really has no relation to Jetstream Executive. I am not sure that scheduled services is the route Jetstream Executive want to go down?

It looks as if they are comfortable with what they are doing rather than having the extra hassle of scheduled ops, unless I presume someone with a blank a cheque book approaches them and wants to fund some route losses and the expansion into scheduled services, but again the owners/owner would probably want to operate under a separate / new company to protect the main company / assets / interest, obviously just my views from an outsider looking in.

MUFC_fan
30th Dec 2007, 21:22
After announcing the cancellation of their BLK schedule, I contacted the CEO of the airline, a very passionate man who stated that the airline was finished.

It is a real shame as I could see the airline operating BLK-LON very successfully over 4-5 times daily with their J31s. It was just which airport would be able to offer that many slots at the appropriate times.

Don't expect the reserection soon.

Ballymoss
30th Dec 2007, 22:29
MUFC Fan,
'Jetstream Executive Travel' is not an airline. 'Jetstream Express' was not an airline. AFAIK, neither had a CEO so go on, was it SG or JH you spoke to. Both passionate in their own way....Let down by simple maths regarding the BLK operation:ugh:
One thing you can be sure of, JXT will not be operating BLK/LON, it wasn't on the cards when they tried and failed elsewhere and it aint happening now:=
Of course, I'm always willing to eat a hat if the unthinkable were to happen:ooh:
Go on, give us some more Stats on the BLK thread;)
Rgds
The Moss:ok: