PDA

View Full Version : Weekend Twin Jobs...?

overhere
30th Dec 2007, 06:28
Wondering if anyone can offer a bit of advice...

Have been looking for a weekend twin job for a while, I'm basically willing to commute each weekend for it - anywhere on Eastern Aus, NT or SA. Have approx 500TT.

Have found however that a vast majority of the twin operators seem to not do a whole lot of flying on weekends & don't need casual pilots.

Wondering if anyone maybe able to point me in the direction of an operator who may seek weekend casual pilots? As I said pretty much willing to commute to anywhere & fly pretty much any twin, doing any work - charter, meat bombing, FIFO work, private flying etc.

Feel free to PM if you don't want to post publically.

Thanks!

Mr.Buzzy
30th Dec 2007, 07:47
Yes I hear there are a few who will pay for your commuting and accomodation as well as entertain you with midgets and jugs of beer!

bbbbbbbbbbbbbbzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzbbbbbbbbbbbbbbzzzzzzzzzzz zzz

overhere
30th Dec 2007, 08:12
Thanks for the helpful reply, but I'm happy to pay my own commuting expenses :) I'm just living in a capital city where there's a slight lack of twin jobs.

Chimbu chuckles
30th Dec 2007, 08:18
How about this for a concept...move!:hmm:

Grivation
30th Dec 2007, 08:41
Got to be a wind up surely - maybe with 5000TT :D

SIUYA
30th Dec 2007, 08:45
willing to commute each weekend for it - anywhere on Eastern Aus, NT or SA. Have approx 500TT

Doh.............cost of doing that sort of travel seems as though it would DEFINITELY outweigh any benefits of commuting, even if buzzy's correct and you're going to get commuting, accomodation, and entertainment by midgets WITHjugs of beer too! :}

Ohhhhhh dear...........that sort of dream job never happened before, isn't available now, and ain't going to happen anytime in the near future I reckon. :ugh:

Best do as CC says I think...................ie. MOVE...........and FAST, before we all decide to beat you to the 'job of jobs' you seem to be looking for :8

overhere
30th Dec 2007, 08:56
Thanks for the replies - hey I thought it was worth asking.

If I could move I would however we have committments in a capital city we can't currently leave.

In all seriousness though there is an endless supply of weekend single jobs anywhere at the moment so I thought there might be a twin operator who wanted to give it's pilots weekends off or that picked up extra work on weekends etc.

Thanks anyway!

Flight Me
30th Dec 2007, 09:05
No Worries.:\

KRUSTY 34
30th Dec 2007, 10:40
While It may be worth asking overthere, the responses should be an indication of what you really need to do if you are indeed serious about this business.

Shame about the negative and cynical replies, but lack of commitment is something that professional aviators definitely do not relate to.

Good luck with your career, and hopefully a new found sense of awareness.

SIUYA
30th Dec 2007, 11:09
Awww..............c'mon KRUSTY!

The replies weren't ALL that negative and cynical..................were they?:8

And anyway, overhere didn't seem to get p1ssed about any of our helpful suggestions, particularly buzzy's ones about commuting, accomodation, and entertainment with midgets and jugs of beer! :}:}

Capt Wally
30th Dec 2007, 11:28
........overthere the best thing you can do is go seek for yourself, anyone here advising of a Co. offering such flying would be opening the flood gates, you would have to join a line extending well beyond the 'blueline'.............whooops that's only on the speedo right?:)

There's work out there for sure, never been better actually but you need to be proactive rather than ask in here & expect it to be handed to you on a plate ! Still no harm in asking but I think you get the general idea:)

Good luck, go get what you want

CW:)

Towering Q
30th Dec 2007, 11:32
overhere, there is another problem with what you are proposing. Most of the twin work is done during the week on regular scheduled charters. A bit of adhoc work comes up on the weekends but not enough to get excited about.

multime
30th Dec 2007, 11:48
Dear Sir
Many jobs for our fellow aviators who still live with mum.
Infact with 500hours a great initial twin job going at something called?
RFDS!
Or perhaps you,d like a turbine endorsement on my C412?.
Nothing like doing your time.
Ever been to Darwin?.
Plenty of decent guys still plodding around in the WET.Flying 210,s.
Perhaps a little skill, experience and less attitude.:=

Regards
M:ok:

conflict alert
30th Dec 2007, 12:06
Well I'm staggered. Someone asks for a bit of help / advice....and gets shot down. Just about every post on this thread tells the poor bugger who started it what a loser s/he is. What a bunch of tossers. Good luck overhere...

multime
30th Dec 2007, 14:12
Good on him IF ? he,s a fair dinkim Aussie.I,m not shooting anyone down.
He say,s crawling back in in his little hole.?
But i,m just wondering how many guys and girls out there with 2000 hours plus, who are still pushing C210,s in REAL commercial situations living the dream without that magical break or bit of luck in their lives.?
Not to be negative.
Theres plenty of people who have gone on to bigger and better things.
But with 500 hours? .
The big big question is are you entitled to that magical first break.?
Do you in all honesty have the experience to cope with the situations that may face you.?
Just don,t know.
Have done my time and at times been very scared in sub-ga aircraft.
Arnheimland TS are not funny.!!!!
I guess at 500 hours, someone will be desperate enough to insure him.?
M:ok:

Ideal Line
30th Dec 2007, 15:23
Sorry, a bit off topic but your posts are hard to read multime. Try using apostrophes instead of commas and you don't need a period preceding a question mark.

Oh stuff it, your whole grammar is f*cked up. You may want to work on that mate.

I have to agree with conflict alert. A guy asks a genuine question and gets murdered by you lot. If you think it is a windup, then don't bloody respond.

morno
30th Dec 2007, 20:46
Multime, christ, give him a break. I'm a big fan of people going north to do their time as well, but these days when jobs are falling out of the sky every day, people don't have to anymore!

Get off your high horse and stop describing situations from about 3 years ago and face reality.

morno

mattyj
30th Dec 2007, 20:56
How about buying a twin..putting it on line at a training organisation at rock bottom rates if they get you a multi instructors rating and let you instruct in it on weekends?

Probably depends on whether you have an instructor rating I know..

apache
30th Dec 2007, 22:00
The big big question is are you entitled to that magical first break.?

I think that EVERYBODY is entitled to that magical moment. Don't YOU???
some people get it handed to them early, some work for it and reap the rewards a little later.

Unfortunately overhere, people are right, in that not too many twin jobs are going on the weekends. You might like to try some skydiving outfits.... some of them fly twins. I think down in Wollongong that a parachute mob there flies PA31's full of meatbombers.... and a place in Cessnock used to do that as well.

The other problem with ad-hoc charters is that sometimes they need you to be ready to go NOW!!!! ie living withing 20 mins of airport and be ready to be airborne in about 90 mins.

good luck though

Cap'n Arrr
31st Dec 2007, 02:56
Jump on (Ha! pun!) the APF website and look for dropzones in your area that run twins. There are a few with chieftains, although last I heard the mob in WOL was looking to replace it. Sydney skydivers has (or had) a Twotter as well. Then go out, meet them and see what happens. You never know unless you try.

Mick.B
31st Dec 2007, 03:38
Give the guy a break. He asks a decent questions and you self called aviation legends shoot him down in flames. Its the one thing here that not right. If you are such experts why not drop the sarcastic **** and help people out. Or is it an old boys club who dont want to play with anyone else. Grow up

flametree
31st Dec 2007, 10:28
Well done those of you that stuck up for this kid.

Maybe it is time for the moderators to place some of the recidivist offenders in “time out”.

Seems to be the same posters who appear to be sitting in front of their PC playing with their own stick actuator shooting everyone down.

Does this happen on other threads, I think not, they appear quite positive and helpful.

Now if there are any of those multi jobs on the wee-ends available in the West…………………………………

Towering Q
1st Jan 2008, 00:23
Well there is that Perth operator who has the weekend run to various south west locations transporting a group of pole dancers.

Unfortunately it does involve an overnighter on Saturday and the accommodation is shared.:E

kalavo
1st Jan 2008, 02:48
Well there is that Perth operator who has the weekend run to various south west locations transporting a group of pole dancers.

Unfortunately it does involve an overnighter on Saturday and the accommodation is shared.:E

I thought they stopped using the Chieftain for that and put a Caravan online?

overhere
1st Jan 2008, 09:45
Thanks for those that gave the useful replies & the PM's, appreciate your help!

j3pipercub
1st Jan 2008, 12:23
Hey Overhere,

just a small suggestion, everything positive here take with you, leave everything else behind. It may seem like a non sensical idea but if you continue to get the total time up on singles, an operator (and his insurer) might be more willing to take a chance on you with the beloved, precious twins. :)

And Multime, if there is someone STILL flying a 210 full time with 2,000 hours, there's a PRETTY GOOD reason for it normally.

j3

jetflite
2nd Jan 2008, 09:22
MULTIME - your a knob...haha....you sound hopeless and jealous....you all sound hopeless and jealous... get over it.

On a better note, PM me and I can put you onto some operators who might be able to give you weekend twin time. As for you other tossers who doubted him....looks like you won't be getting any help....

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!.....wankers.