PDA

View Full Version : Tyabb 2008 GOOONEEEE!!

Critical Reynolds No
30th Dec 2007, 02:32
http://tyabbairshow.com.au/

I was looking forward to this as they put on a great show. Any ideas why it was canned?

Islander Jock
30th Dec 2007, 04:36
Any ideas why it was canned?
At a guess, I would suggest things like exhorbitant insurance premiums, CASA obstruction and local government bureaucracy would be at the top of the list.

kimwestt
30th Dec 2007, 05:00
Might it have something to do with the ex BK FOI - he of the previously hyphenated surname??

OZBUSDRIVER
30th Dec 2007, 05:39
Islander Jock, could well be. Understand the club did not get final written approval for the 06 show until the Friday night before the show. CASA nit-picking to the extreme. However, by the e-mail I got, I think it is a little closer to home.

Speculating a bit. I predict there will be a new date for '08. It is part of the club's charter that it has an airshow every two years. If not before Autumn, then late October would be a good date with climate.

gezza182
31st Dec 2007, 03:40
It's a pity that the club has not said why it has been cancelled.

The local clubs that helped, and gain a fair bit of cash for their efforts will be disapointed. So too will the local charities that will miss out on a share of the profits.

Not to mention the thousands of people looking forward to it. I know many who look on Tyabb as having Victoria's premier airshow, and view Avalon as merely a fill-in on the off years. Historical and warbird buffs mainly, but Tyabb does offer a fantastic viewing opportunity to the crowd.

If the reasons were to be "leaked" out, then perhaps additional pressure, help etc could be gained from those who want the show to proceed.

ytya2008
31st Dec 2007, 03:51
All internal, all politics - I hope that those who have not supported the commitee and/or made exorbitant demands for appearances by aircraft realise what they've done to the club and the local community and are suitably ashamed of themselves.