PDA

View Full Version : Death on a flight

cnic
29th Dec 2007, 21:45
A ground hander in Noumea told me this morning that a passager on flight died yesterday after the flight declared an emergency. He wouldn't go in to details on who was operating the flight can anyone give us more details.

TID edit:

How about you name the actual company, rather than implying it was a particular airline just because of codeshare?

Short_Circuit
29th Dec 2007, 22:24
Can y'all tell me how comon are inflight deaths?
How many do you hear about per year?

capt.cynical
29th Dec 2007, 22:35
Used to be about 1 a month on QF a few years ago.:(

lowerlobe
29th Dec 2007, 22:44
Be wary of giving specific information regarding this as it may be a media source looking for a story....

Death unfortunately is a part of life and as such should not be publicised or sensationalised.

tail wheel
29th Dec 2007, 22:53
Yes Lower. I'm told statistically all of us face the problem at sometime or another! :}

Provided it is neither of the two people in seats 0A and 0B, it is only a minor disruption for an airline.

Appears to be an irrelevant thread really?

:confused:

Tail Wheel

gas-chamber
29th Dec 2007, 22:54
What came first - the death or the emergency?

Short_Circuit
29th Dec 2007, 22:55
Just curious as you don't read much about this in the media.
Obviously something an airline would want to keep hush, hush.
Not blaming C.C. or Company, s**t happens.
Not fishing either, leave canx. :yuk:
SC:(

NoseGear
29th Dec 2007, 23:07
The legend goes............A number of years ago in our airline, when Flight Engineers were part of the usual make up of the crew, a passenger passed away up in First Class. It was a night flight, most of the passengers were sleeping and the FE was despatched to move the departed to the rear of the aircraft as there were spare seats to discreetly move the body to. As our gallant and fearless FE started dragging the body by the arms down the aisle, there were several passengers who were sitting up, watching with wide eyed trepidation, illuminated only by their reading lights as our FE moved the body thru the darkened aircraft. As he passed by one of the concerned passengers nervously watching the proceedings he whispered....."Dont have the fish".:E
Apparently had a nice plate of bikkies with tea on arrival back into HK, and consequently passed into legend!:ok::D
Nosey

WannaBeBiggles
29th Dec 2007, 23:23
Yes Lower. I'm told statistically all of us face the problem at sometime or another! :}

Death, our nations number one killer! :}

Short_Circuit
29th Dec 2007, 23:24
Looks like its second time around for this subject.

http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=260931

Enema Bandit's Dad
30th Dec 2007, 03:15
Gas Chamber enquiring about death???? :eek:

Pinky the pilot
30th Dec 2007, 05:39
Face it, you'll never get out of this life alive!!:}

Taildragger67
31st Dec 2007, 09:44
Methinks this incident might be related to this one (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=306413).