PDA

View Full Version : ATPL online Q&A databank

G_STRING
29th Dec 2007, 17:05
Have recently had access to the CATs Q&A databank, and I've been reading posts on here that suggests that it's better than the Bristol one. (Never used Bristol, so I can't compare).

As those of you who use it know, the CATs databank is split into subjects, then into subject sub-sections.

My question is this: There only appears to be about 5 or 6 questions per sub-section, and I thought that there would be a lot more.

Does this truely represent the material that will be examined, or do I need to pay to use the Bristol databank? (Are there any more questions on that, or is the CATs one adequate)?

Thanks for any replies

frontlefthamster
29th Dec 2007, 18:03
You could always learn the subjects... :cool:

littco
29th Dec 2007, 18:39
Personally I have only used the bristol question bank, but I would say that approx 90-95% of the question that appear on the Bristol QB are identical to those you will get in the CAA exams. I would agree though that you do need to learn the subjects :-)

G_STRING
29th Dec 2007, 19:29
Thank you for your replies.

I AM learning the subjects.

Like other people, however, I also want to be able to use the question banks to their full extent, hence my question on their validity

S-Works
29th Dec 2007, 20:14
The CATS question bank is a log way from being populated. The Bristol one is not bad. However if you really want the best then get the Peters Software in Germany ATPL question bank. Available in English it has the actual question bank rather than just look alike questions.

MIKECR
29th Dec 2007, 21:49
I found the Bristol QB almost word for word when it came to the CAA exams. Probably 90% of the questions I had seen already. You need to learn the subject though or you'll never pass some of the tougher papers eg Gen Nav or Flight Planning. The questions are in principal the same but the numerical values are different so you need to know the theory behind the question!

Brian304
30th Dec 2007, 23:50
So whats the peters Databank from germany??? I've never heard it before, but sounds interesting.... hmmm... Any suggestions or remarks regarding this software anyone? as it is quite abit expensive....:sad:

Dash Decent
31st Dec 2007, 12:50
:confused:

A check of CATS HPL free demo today shows 765 sequential HPL real exam Questions and 100 Subject based in groups of 5

http://www.cranfieldaviation.com/2/?task=login&ee=demo@cats&ea=demo

AND ITS FREE not a pay service

gmac1977
31st Dec 2007, 12:56
I used the CATS QB's during my distance learning ATPL and it was top notch.

It is broken down into 2 different banks, 1 exam based for all the CAA questions and 1 subject based which is a very clever bank of questions. somehow it knows how you've got a question wrong and tells you where you've gone wrong and how to do it correctly. This was fantastic in GNAV for instance.

As i was told by HOT at CATS, the exam style Q's are there to be used as exam preperation for each subject and are designed to test ones knowledge..
The subject based Q's share no resemblance to the CAA questions but are there as an assisting learning tool to guide students through a particular area that they may be having difficulty with.It really is very impressive and recommend people check it out!

Far too many people rely just on questions to pass the exams. Ask them a question and they ask you for 4 choices!..

happy new year all!

4y8_more
9th Mar 2008, 03:00
http://www.peterssoftware.de/en/frameset.php?PageId=product&CatId=9&ProdId=2236