PDA

View Full Version : Monarch Airlines

Sky_Angel
25th Jan 2001, 01:44
I'm due to start training with monarch in feb.. i already work for a small charter company, and all the hostie's r saying that monarch r REALLY STRICT. which i think is a good thing....some used to work for monarch and used to cry on there wasy to work because of the brutal briefings....is this what it is really like??
thanks..... airkisss

Xenia
25th Jan 2001, 02:50
Hi :)
I used to work for MON in the past and yes, let me be honest...I didn't like it at all! I also would like to make it clear that also worked for other airlines, so I have plenty of experience and "bases" to make my declaration from.
We still do briefing where I fly now...but they're more "scenarios" where the whole crew is involved...more that the "horrible question for you because I don't like you".
It's not the matter of being strict...I found MON very unfriendly with new temporary cabin crew....the luck of respect you get as individual is....I give you the freedom to end the sentence :)
But maybe it was where I was based...I don't know!
Also have to add that I am a very happy person who gets on very well with everybody...also as you can see from my posts I have "a bit" of a sense of humor...which was totally unacceptable at MON... http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/frown.gif
Anyway....It doesn't mean for everybody it's the same.
I wish you good luck! :)

------------------
*************************Happy Landings! :)

[This message has been edited by Xenia (edited 26 January 2001).]

Sky_Angel
25th Jan 2001, 15:45
humm.......going to be based a luton....well i will have to see...as i also like to have a giggle ....better get that VA and BA application form dusted off!!

Xenia
25th Jan 2001, 16:05
Hi Sky_Angel :)
There's no comparation between MON and BA or VA! take them out quickly!!!! :) :)
However don't be discouraged from my bad view of MON, as I said that was only my personal experience :mad: ...it may work out better for you http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/cool.gif

------------------

[This message has been edited by Xenia (edited 25 January 2001).]

Slaaag
26th Jan 2001, 01:24
Sky_Angel don't listen to Xenia!!! LTN is a nice base to work I am there now and I love it. I have alot of friends at LTN and I found everyone very helpful and friendly when I started. When is you start date?

Hope to see you on line / in your training?

Xenia how are you my long lost friend!!!! Speak to you soon.

Xenia
26th Jan 2001, 02:22
Slaaag my dear :) XXX
I'm fine thanks....still @ MON, eh? ;)
I didn't say anything bad http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/tongue.gif ...just spoke about my own experience....and made it clear that, maybe, not for everybody is the same http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/cool.gif
As you see Sky_Angel I still have good friends at MON :)

------------------

[This message has been edited by Xenia (edited 25 January 2001).]

Sky_Angel
26th Jan 2001, 02:25
i Start on the 9th feb.. so not that long to go...do u know how many people on average on on each course?
when did u start with MON...how much chance is there of me being kept on after the summer, do the get rid of most of the summer crews??
questions..question..questions LOL!!!!
skykisses

Slaaag
26th Jan 2001, 23:15
Well I'm not telling you when I started as people will know who I am!!!! A course start this week with about 20 people on. As for being kept on it all depaends on what the winter 2001/2 programme is like and if we are going to be busy. Quite a few people got kept on last year, and on my year (sometime ago) a majority of the courses were kept on. So you can see that it is very hard to say how many will be kept this year. All the advise I can give is to keep your head down, sudy hard and SMILE Monarch like the SMILE!!! I hope to see you soon, leave me a contact e-mail address and I will give you more information, and possibly give you some hints on remembering what you need to know.

See ya soon.

Xenia you haven't lost your GSOH have you!!!!!

Sky_Angel
27th Jan 2001, 00:14
hiya u can email me at [email protected]. i would appreiate some hints
thanx hunny