PDA

View Full Version : About Omani Royal Flight

"009".5_inchs
29th Dec 2007, 07:12
Hi. I need help gathering information about the Omani Royal Flight, could someone fill me in with the reqruitment process, pay scale, hours per/month and any other info that would help me have an initial idea of a pilot's lifestyle working there. Im an omani national planing to be done from my training in a couple a month, and due to me not living in oman at the moment , i couldnt get anything important about the company on the net.

much appreciated & happy new year

DukePhantom
29th Dec 2007, 08:39
the first requirement for you to apply to Royal Flight is for you to be a Captain ....

keep_smiling
29th Dec 2007, 08:57
and u need to have at least 6000hrs of total flying hours..

oneeyeseeall
29th Dec 2007, 10:40
About Time You Call Your Home And Your Familly.

"009".5_inchs
29th Dec 2007, 10:55
oh well dosent seem like i'll be askin tht question again for a while :p thx for the info gents, much appreciated.

"009".5_inchs
29th Dec 2007, 10:57
just spoke to the family yesterday, they'r doin goood al hamdulla. but thx for the reminder :hmm:

Farrell
30th Dec 2007, 02:39
Omani Royal Flight are recruiting A320 at the moment.

High hours required. If anyone wants info PM me.

Farrell
30th Dec 2007, 08:29
Having had a few PMs about the above, I thought that I'd stick a reply on the thread instead of individually replying.

The Omani Royal Flight advertised here a few days ago looking for suitably qualified candidates for their A320 aircraft.

RAFO has recently ordered more of this type and I am assuming at this stage that they will be used in the same capacity as the existing 320.
The ad has gone walkabout today here at work (probably lifted and dumped by the cleaner) but I will make a few calls later today and tomorrow and find out what they are looking for.

As far as I can remember, they are looking for DECs and FOs but I think that even for FOs you'd need at least a frozen ATPL and TR.

Give me a day to check it out and I'll post back. Unless one of the existing crew members wants to bring you up to speed before that.

Regards

Farrell

angry13
19th Jan 2008, 09:10
If You Need To Get A Job In Oman Royal Flight You Need To Know Some One.
The Will Not Give A Job Because Of Your Experiace.
Take Expample Now Cabin Crew All There Blushi Because The Head Of Cabin Crew Is Al-blush (zajal)

Omania335
19th Jan 2008, 19:07
angry13

do you have any problams with al balushis ?????

tmax
19th Jan 2008, 21:08
do you have any problams with al balushis ????? problems??? maybe
how about al ismaiily's there are many of them
can you get them all in royal flight
thanks in advance!!!
there all 320 rated inshaaalllllaaaaaaa!
baluchis are not a threat so far if any left

angry13
20th Jan 2008, 10:44
I have no problem.. the place where I am working they pay me more than Royal flight.

But it's not fair for the people who have experience but they can't get job there because they don't know someone.

NO FD NO SRS
20th Jan 2008, 16:00
Mr 13 it seems that the only reason you joined this site is to bring hate and tension between omanis.go and take these issues to the united nation.

commander38t
21st Jan 2008, 09:46
Angry 13 has the full right to be angry, as the Royal Flight is the only place in Oman which not controlled by his Sawahili (Zanzibari) friends yet. :=

You still can go to Zanziba Air,, Ops, I meant Oman Air... :bored:

Omania335
21st Jan 2008, 18:46
i still don't understand why zanbaries hate balushies !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"009".5_inchs
22nd Jan 2008, 14:01
zanzibari's dont hate balushi's. me being one of the 2 mentioned (zanzibar & balushi) i'd say there is no hate, i'v got alot of friends and "family" who r zanzi and balushi.
its few indivisuals who have to come up with the easiet excuse for their failure in getting a job or an interview.
who ever has a racist comment " have a coke & a smile and shut the hell up" , bcoz all u r doing is exagerating on an issue that has long diminished and posing an image of oman that's a childish lie.
now let me eat my mandazi in peace :ok:

angry13
23rd Jan 2008, 15:52
Commander.. it seems 2 b you are the angry person here.. Did you try to join Oman air and they reject you?!!

angry13
23rd Jan 2008, 16:15
Omania335... No body hate any one here:=
My point is that NO one of the (two) have the right to control Omanies future any where.. the qualification and experience should come first:D

Some people should open thier mind to live:ok:

Omania335
23rd Jan 2008, 19:37
angry13

i agree with you

Farrell
24th Jan 2008, 08:59
It would appear that all of the positions for the A320 are filled at the moment.

On a side note in relation to the previous posts about backgrounds and families etc etc - and the bad bones that come with nepotism...

It is the same EVERYWHERE. If you are all experienced pilots who have been through a few gigs in the past, then you should already know that the good jobs go well before they get advertised in the papers.

This industry is very very small and having good contacts is far more important than the number of hours that you have. I defy anyone of you to argue the toss with me on that.

I have seen low hours guys, just out of their teens being chosen over 5000 hour jet jockeys because they are known to recruiters or someone with enough clout to get them in the door.

And why not? I haven't met very many people who have gone through life without a hand out from someone "in the know".

Trust me, if you had kids, relatives or friends looking for a flying job and you were in a position to give them one then you would. The only moral question is: "Are they good enough to do the job safely?" - the answer to that is that they usually are.

I have seen some muppets being signed up for jet work that I wouldn't leave in charge of a ride-on lawnmower, however, more is the case that I see competent pilots getting easy roads into airlines and air services jobs because they have the connections and I cannot argue with that.

bladesontop
15th Jun 2008, 18:18
OH yes this is something you should know when you are on the convoy after 1800 do not get in the aircraft with any expat pilot.its 99 PERCENT POSSIBILITY THAT THEY WILL BE DRUNK.they drink red wine which they call among them ribena.Good luck to HM if he needs to fly with an expat while in convoy at nite.Yep this is a muslim country.

NG_Kaptain
15th Jun 2008, 18:50
I dont live nor work in Oman, but, that post is the biggest load of cr@p I've seen.

bladesontop
17th Jun 2008, 07:06
LOL probably you are one of the expats there.TRUST me its not a croop.IM SURE that if they a give a blood test to the expats during there stand bys most of them will be over the limit of alcohol to drive not much to fly.GUARANTEED .let the managment apply this and they will get their proof.:E

chinny
17th Jun 2008, 08:44
......and what exactly instigated this tirade of abuse and venom,-not get your botty wiped by mummy?:hmm::hmm::=

VTSP
chinny

Royal Captain
18th Jun 2008, 14:06
Hi All,,
Back to the topic.. :)

Oman Royal flight Requirments For G4 or A320 then B744, B747-SP :

*Captain is a MUST (eX major airline Capt.)
*Type Rating
*4000hrs TT (approx.) to be 1500hrs in command and .....hrs on type!
*clean history

Thats as far as I can remember..

So forget about it for another 6 years... u might join them as A380 Captain by that time.!!.

Cheerz

"009".5_inchs
18th Jun 2008, 20:13
"Royal Captain" thx for the info .

yo-ho
19th Jun 2008, 11:27
bladesontop
Probationary PPRuNer

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LOL probably you are one of the expats there.TRUST me its not a croop.IM SURE that if they a give a blood test to the expats during there stand bys most of them will be over the limit of alcohol to drive not much to fly.GUARANTEED .let the managment apply this and they will get their proof.

Mr.bladesontop! You must be sick, giving a statement like this shows you do not know anything regarding expats.

yo-ho
19th Jun 2008, 11:55
bladesontop
Probationary PPRuNer

LOL probably you are one of the expats there.TRUST me its not a croop.IM SURE that if they a give a blood test to the expats during there stand bys most of them will be over the limit of alcohol to drive not much to fly.GUARANTEED .let the managment apply this and they will get their proof.

Mr. bladesontop!
Accusing expats the way you do, demonstrate you must be disappointed not to be selected as a pilot with Royal Flight.
Maybe you are in Europe as a local Omani, if so; tell us about your experience from your time in Oman.
We would all like to know, but refrain from private bull s…t.

whoateallthepies
15th Sep 2008, 07:37
bladesontop
You don't know what you are talking about. I just wonder why you are so bitter towards Royal Flight helicopter section?

I can assure all who read this that the pilots on convoy with HM maintain the highest standards of sobriety and readiness. Expats and Omanis.

Mick Gatto
22nd Sep 2008, 13:31
Lads, any info' about Royal Flight Cabin Crew ?

BDD
22nd Sep 2008, 23:48
Hi Royal,

Please check your PM's.

Thank's

BDD

Fox3snapshot
22nd Sep 2008, 23:52
You are a pecker head :hmm:

Have fond memories of the Royal Flight environment in Oman and whilst we all enjoy a wee dram in the expat world in the appropriate environs, the boys maintained a very professional approach to their tasks at hand. :ok:

ATCO1962
23rd Sep 2008, 02:17
hi fox,

define "wee dram" for me, will ya?:p:ok:

whoateallthepies
25th Sep 2008, 12:14
ATCO
"Wee dram" when on standby = Zero.
"Wee dram" when not on standby = a wee dram http://i.1asphost.com/whoateallthepies/pie.jpg