PDA

View Full Version : Emirates here i come!!!

flygirl28
24th Jan 2001, 09:29
Just wanted to say a big thankyou to all who replied to my thread at the end of December regarding the Emirates interview process.
Found out today that i have been successful, so thanks a million to you all!!!!

flyblue
24th Jan 2001, 21:39
Great!!!
Congratulations Flygirl!We'll open a bottle in your honor tonight in the chat room! Will you be there?
I know Emirates is a very good company for FA, you'll enjoy it a lot.
Hugs

SPICEBOY
25th Jan 2001, 20:42
Congrats Flygirl.I'm sure you'll enjoy DXB and EK.You're joining at the right time too as I hear they're starting direct US flights soon.
One word of warning though.Don't try the wine onboard as it can be seriously damaging to your career!There speaks the vioce of experience.

------------------
Once more onto the beach dear friends!

Xenia
25th Jan 2001, 21:15
SPICEBOY http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/eek.gif I believe trying wine onboard while operating a flight will ruin anybody's carreer with any airline!
If u did...u might consider yourself very lucky you still have a job there!!!
Congratulations flygirl28! :) I'm sure you will enjoy it ;)

------------------
*************************Happy Landings! :)

[This message has been edited by Xenia (edited 25 January 2001).]

cabinboy
26th Jan 2001, 12:23
SpiceBoy....DO TELL !!!! We want to hear the story....come on and be a sport...we want to hear the full story ! :)

Look forward to your reply :)

CabinBoy - " Flight Attendant of the New Millenium "

------------------
Trust your captain .... but keep your seatbelt securely fastened.

Brandy
26th Jan 2001, 19:25
Hi Flygirl28
congrats on getting into Emirates, ive got my first int on 17th feb, could you tell me what the process is eg first and second stages many thanks

brandy

SPICEBOY
31st Jan 2001, 15:27
Cabinboy

I'll wait and see if any of my old mates at EK remember what happened and how the story's changed as I'm sure it has!
Please can any EK crew fill me in?

Xenia

I didn't and I don't!

------------------

[This message has been edited by SPICEBOY (edited 31 January 2001).]

comeflywithme
31st Jan 2001, 22:16
Flygirl28, you are absolutely gonna love it here. :) The only bad thing about this place is it becomes so unreal and the lifestyle is so good that you forget reality!! Long live no taxes!!!

SpiceBoy, you must be ex EK. The story is still on the top of all gossip. Are you still drinking Red or have you switched to white?

comeflywithme
31st Jan 2001, 22:21
or Boddingtons :)

xtc
8th Feb 2001, 15:01
well comeflywithme

my little tip, grab one of those evian bottles and fill her up with all the vodka and gin that u can get your hands on and bobs your uncle...

red wine is too risky

i'd just like to take this opportunity to welcome myself back to prune after a 6 month break...

welcome back xtc
thanks xtc

gulf-crew
10th Feb 2001, 20:09
flygirl28 hope your up for a good night wednesday catch you down fibbers / no holding back or running off / congrats on ek know you could do it and you did / hows the sun tan girl

flapsforty
12th Feb 2001, 13:28
FlyGirl,
Best congrats on new job; it's a grand life!!

xtc, as your posts tend to be of the sh!t-stirring variety, can't say I missed you during your absence.
Still, your input makes a nice contrast with those posts that are fun, intelligent, helpful or just worth reading.

Xen, just as a point of interest; with our mob we are encouraged to taste-and-spit-out any new wine we serve in the business class, just so we know what we are talking about when pax ask about the different wines. Company also provides write-up about wine so we can tell pax bit about it when asked.
cheers,
f40 :)

xtc
12th Feb 2001, 15:04
well flapsflirty, flapsfilthy or whatever it is that u r trying to hide...

anyway, u r reading what i am saying and u did remember me from so so long ago, but having posted over 600 reply's, well gee, i suppose that does make u intelligent now.

and u know how to taste a glass of wine, ummmmm let me see now u put a bit in your mouth and SWALLOW it, thanks for your intelligent input.....

by the way i love, no, i cherish a battle.

people like u just hate it when people like me speak their mind.......

they call people like me a leader, not a follower..............................

gotta go now but i'm sure we'll chat some more..

Birds2perches
13th Feb 2001, 22:10
xtc ... it's a good job you've welcomed yourself back because with a nasty attitude likes yours, no-one else is going to. If you care to reflect on the majority of your postings, your are positively rude, objectionable, narrow minded and extremely ill-mannered. Oh ... one more thing, don't bother conjuring up any major insults, you'll only embarrass yourself even further!

Xenia
13th Feb 2001, 23:40
Uhmmm.....ext...when did you said we will be delighted with your next 6 months break? :)
A leader, eh? http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/confused.gif

------------------
*************************Happy Landings! :)

flapsforty
14th Feb 2001, 14:14
xtc, I'm a bit surprised at your attempts at personal insult. After all, we don't know eachother from a hole in the wall, do we? And while the contents of your recent posts might tempt me to draw certain conclusions about your personality, they might be totally wrong.
For all I know, in real life you might be an interesting and perfectly pleasant chap (woman?).

I'll be happy to discuss with you any subject under the sun, and differing opinions make for spirited discussions.
But if you want to continue the temper tantrums and the name calling, I'm afraid I won't be able to oblige.

Flygirl28, when will you be starting your training? And would you consider posting here on pprune some of the things you'll be experiencing? EK is a company I know very little about, it would be interesting to hear from you and learn more!
rgds
f40

comeflywithme
14th Feb 2001, 16:07
Flapsforty
You have displayed what it is to be the better person. Showing that you are civil and can handle a debate without getting personal or putting the other one down. Im sure xtc does not mean to say all those childish comments to which he has no foundation. Im sure that he is just tired from flying and needs to let it out.Unforunately you were the first one there. Xtc is actually a very nice person but needs a good kick up the rear sometimes to put him in line. Im sure he would love to make spirited discussions with you on further topics and he will try and be ADULT about it.

Good for you F40!

[This message has been edited by comeflywithme (edited 14 February 2001).]

comeflywithme
14th Feb 2001, 16:12
Flapsforty and Xenia
Which airline are you with?

cabinboy
15th Feb 2001, 06:57
Xtc are you friends with " Cool Emirates " by any chance ?

xtc
15th Feb 2001, 14:33
ok folks r we all enjoying ourselves.

firstly let me start with flags....

it was u that first insinuated that my posts were anything but interesting and not on the intellegent, so i mearly pointed out how smart u sounded pal.. u obviously can't see it when u r having a go at someone but when it comes back at u its a different story.

i will always have my opinion as we all do, but don't go all crazy when i have to defend myself, and do so in a harsh way..

birds2perches, its good to have u back..
admit it u love talking with me now don't u.
i think u like me.

comefly, if i were to suggest that u lack brains in an indirect way, would u not have your say back at me, oh i think u would so don't go telling me that i have to apologise to others for defending myself..
i think the problem is that all of you think that u own this forum, what makes all of u so right and people like me so wrong.

i will express my opinion and will do so whether u all like it or not, if u don't want me to get hasty with u then don't start throwing stones if u live in a glass house.

cabin boy, yes we r banging each other if it is ok with everyone...........
and she is one hot little popsickle.

i challange anyone to go back in the history of my postings and show me where i have started insulting or abusing anyone, i have always replied back...

thank you very much for your attention now.

xtc
15th Feb 2001, 14:41
i want you all to look at my initial posting on this topic and then look at flags' reply to me, and then tell me that i am the one starting all this.....

xenia - i get the impression that u like me, alot.................

flygirl28
15th Feb 2001, 17:33
Flapsforty, yes, i would be happy to share with you my experiences. Heard that the training is excellent so hopefully will give everyone some useful feedback on what to expect.
Boys, boys, boys, i din't know that i was going to open up a 'can of worms' with this post, chill out!

SPICEBOY
15th Feb 2001, 19:52
Well,I go away to do a little bit of work and look what happens.
I can't beleive that a thread that started with some good news has turned into a slanging match.
Flygirl,as I said so long ago,congrats and enjoy!

------------------

gulf-crew
15th Feb 2001, 19:55
yeah guys get a grip chill out
flygirl28 - another session 2morrow night looking forward to it had a wild one the other night alamo and then longs you missed out, still we can celebrate ek tomorrow again and again.

xx

Superpilut
21st Feb 2001, 02:18
Gongratulation Flygirl!
One of my friends is actually going there in 2 days too, so if you want to contact him to hear him out about some things, just drop me an e-mail..

xtc: get a life. Trying to outsmart people like this only makes you look a bit rediculous.. And it's YOU and not U.

Cheers