PDA

View Full Version : Old Docs

captainowie
29th Dec 2007, 02:14
Hi there.
It's been quite a while since I've posted here, but then it's been quite a while since I've sat behind the yoke.
I have a set of regulatory documents (CAR, CAO, AIP, DAP, CAAP etc) that are gathering dust at home. They haven't been updated for about 5 years.
My suspicion is that the best use they could be put to is doorstop/firelighter, but I wondered if anyone could offer a better suggestion. Would they be any good at a flight school or something? or am I going to have to turf them? That would be a shame, if only because the folders are particularly nice :-)
Cheers, Captainowie.

bentleg
29th Dec 2007, 04:12
There have been a lot of changes over the last 5 years. The doorstop/firelighting suggestion sounds appropriate.......

ForkTailedDrKiller
29th Dec 2007, 04:42
"Old Docs"

You're only as old as you feel!
You're only as old at you feel!

Dr :8

slackie
29th Dec 2007, 05:20
Doc...

Or should that be...
You're only as old as the woman you feel!!:eek:

[Ducking back behind the parapit!!]:oh:

Pinky the pilot
29th Dec 2007, 05:45
Put the whole lot, folders and all into the nearest recycling bin!!

Even the format of some documents has changed over the last five years.

And if you intend to purchase new ones be prepared for a fairly nasty shock when it comes to the cost of the whole package!!:eek::uhoh::mad:

I have just the basic ERSA, AIP and DAPS and it 'aint cheap!!:mad:

BTW Forky; It's you're not your.:E

FRQ Charlie Bravo
29th Dec 2007, 05:50
CAAPs - can probably be updated easily (i.e. print out new ones from Airservices website):ok:

CARs and CAOs - Can maybe update with about 5 hours work each and the cost/headache of printing each double sided page from WWW!:ugh:

AIP - Don't even try, as you will have or will soon discover the AIP Books (GEN and ENR) have been reprinted on bible paper (thin) and combined in one folder (probably the best thing ASA has done for a long while).:ugh:

DAPs - Turf them but maybe save a few of the interesting ones.:8 (I have no life so yes, I do find some old DAPs interesting)

AerocatS2A
29th Dec 2007, 10:03
I, on the other hand, have a set of CARs that are still in the box from ASA. I think they're are up to date to the middle of 2007. Someone can have them for the price of postage from Broome.

I got them for the ATPL air law exam but decided I didn't really need them (I didn't.)

Peter Fanelli
29th Dec 2007, 12:46
You could use them as gift wrapping paper next Christmas :)

woftam
29th Dec 2007, 21:55
And I thought this thread was about an older gentleman with hearing loss. :E

Capt Wally
29th Dec 2007, 22:00
.................yeah my 'old doc' was 'out of date' to:)...............at the rate they send new amendments even docs from last week are only good for xmas wrapping !.....& that opertunity has now passed........thank God !:}

CW

p.s..............you could keep the old 'doc's & slip 'em in yr back pocket, that way you to will sit like an old QF senior Capt on 747's, his wallet is about the same thickness as yr docs !!!:}

Skystar320
30th Dec 2007, 21:53
opertunity

wHATS this?

Capt Wally
31st Dec 2007, 01:18
.............here's the other "P"....................................there happy now?:bored:............don't want to make the 'oppertunity too optimistic !

sorry 'teacher':bored:

CW

QSK?
31st Dec 2007, 23:42
Seriously, donate them to the Civil Aviation Historical Society at http://www.airwaysmuseum.com