PDA

View Full Version : So, what's the official word on car seats on BA/GB Airways

What_does_this_button_do?
24th Jan 2001, 00:28
Going away in April and baby about to change from rear facing seat to forward facing. Which ones are APPROVED to be used on board. I want to buy the right one this time, one that won't get the "you can't use that one on here".

As mentioned in the subject it's a BA/GB Airways flight.

Sky_Angel
25th Jan 2001, 01:49
i dont know about BA or GB..as i work for a charter company, but as long as the seat is forward facing and not to wide for the seat then there should be know problem....maybe try the fixmax....from halfords!! i have one for my 2 year old and its great in the car too!!!

airbabe
26th Jan 2001, 23:03
a baby seat, has to be able to be strapped into the pax seat by use of the seatbelt, through the back frame.
It has to be of a rigid structure, and in 1 piece.
It has to go into the window seat for takeoff and landing.
It has to have it's own harness attached.
Britax is normally a good name to buy!!!!!

[This message has been edited by airbabe (edited 26 January 2001).]

flyblue
27th Jan 2001, 03:00
Why don't you ask BA? They sure have a list in their manuals (my company does).

Psr777
27th Jan 2001, 16:26
I was under the impression that you can use any type of car seat with BA, as long as it complies with a few regulations.

1. It must be forward facing and with a 5 point harness, although it doesn't have to have 5 individual straps, it must secure the lap, torso and crutch.
2. Only permitted for children between 6 months and 3 years.
3. Wherever possible the childseat should be by a window, but not a necessity.
4. It cannot be in the same row as or forward/aft of emergency exits rows.
5. It must remain in place for the duration of the flight.

Alternatively, depending on how old the child is, you can use a non approved car seat, as long as it is stowed in a suitable place for take off and landing and when the seatbelt sign is on, but it can be used during the cruise.

Straight from the BA General SEP book, hope this helps, but it is always better to give them a call before hand as procedures change overnight sometimes!!!!!!!

Have a good holiday

Safe Flying all