PDA

View Full Version : Jet8 Airlines Cargo

NZ X man
29th Dec 2007, 00:53
Any truth to this operation, or does anyone have any information of their operation. Supposed Singapore base.

Thanks in Advance

X man:}

oz in dxb
29th Dec 2007, 03:37
Jett8 Airlines Cargo is based out of Singapore. They operate 5 B747-200 freighters.

The company is privately owned but with close alliances with Nippon Cargo and NHK lines.

Their job advert seems like B744 freighters are a future possibility.

cougar77
29th Dec 2007, 03:45
http://www.jett8airlines.com/news/bt110607.pdf

rdr
29th Dec 2007, 12:17
My advice, don't touch this outfit unless you are in dire straights.

Connected
29th Dec 2007, 12:56
Even if you're in dire straights, don't go near.

Strangely on their website they put that they're operating 5 742 freighters, but I only know of 1 in operation (9V-JEA) on 'loan' from NCA. Even heard that NCA will be recalling that aircraft soon, thus their desperate need to raise funds to lease other aircraft.

And if you go to the Changi Airport website and search for their flight schedules (actual), they don't seem to be flying at all, contrary to the schedules posted on their website.

Heard that their fund raising activities aren't going that well.

:rolleyes:

Zurg
29th Dec 2007, 13:45
NCA stopping all 742s earlier than planned in April, so can't see the jet coming back- where as I do understand more of NCA's 742s are going to Jet8.
Also backing from NYK who are certainly including jet8 in their future plans!

Willie Everlearn
29th Dec 2007, 14:54
Interesting article in the Japanese version of the Financial Times.
All Nippon ARE indeed, aligned with this new outfit in Singapore as are NCL.
Temporary aircraft or not, there seems to be (at least from the article) some financial clout behind it.

ANA, NCL, et al are having pilot problems of their own. Recovering 200s from a startup may have more to do with 'trade-ins' than suspicious outsiders are suggesting in this thread.

Watch this space, says I.
:ok:

NZ X man
29th Dec 2007, 20:13
Got a little bit of everybodys tale of the tape, thanks, I will think about it a bit more.:)

oz in dxb
30th Dec 2007, 05:51
Better to have a look at the Freight Dogs forum. They have a good thread there for info on Jett8.

Happy job hunting for 2008.

Oz

kwaiyai
30th Dec 2007, 14:12
JEA is always there in SIN and its the only one I have seen.

doubleu-anker
31st Dec 2007, 03:36
NZ X man

Wouldn't it be better to apply and wait until you are offered the job, then think about it?

Or is it a forgone conclusion you have the job in the bag?

There are still a lot of guys around with time on type looking to get back on type.