PDA

View Full Version : EZY

Pab
23rd Jan 2001, 18:08
Dear All,

As a soon to be new recruit to the EZY skies as a CC member I was wondering if anyone out there had any tips as to whether the future is bright and orange? Anyone know what a typical day is like/rostering/salries etc?

All info will be gratefully recieved.

Cheers

chilled
23rd Jan 2001, 21:15
Hi Pab

So you are joining us at easyJet!!

What to expect, some very long days you can fly upto 6 sectors in one day, that are few and far between but knackering all the same. the pay is ok once you have finished your probation, but it's a bit of a struggle to start with. You will have a great time though as all the crew are great and fun to work with.

Good luck with your training course and see you on line soon.

Happy flying all!!

Pab
24th Jan 2001, 12:39
Hey Chilled,

Thanks for the info. I shall look forward to 6 sectors in a day - perhaps. One more question for you. My interview was back in Novemebr and I had no holiday commitments then, however I have now been asked to be best man at a wedding overseas and a two week holiday has been booked. Do you think they are gonna have a big problem with this?

I hope not as all the staff I have dealt with so far have been really accomodating.

Also are there many overnights at EZY?

Cheers
Paul

euroboy
24th Jan 2001, 18:21
Joining Easyjet... Oh dear.

I am not being funny here, but you are going to enjoy a 6 sector day?!!!

I enjoy flying but believe me a 6 sector day is long,hard and will wear you down. I think you have forgotten that there are paxs, and they are NOT all nice. (although most are)
I give you 3 months then let us know if you look forward to 6 sectors.
Have fun and be ORANGE.

Pab
24th Jan 2001, 18:30
Euroboy

Sarcasm - heard of it? I don't think anyone would look forward to a 6 sector day - anyone who has a life that is.

Lets see how it goes? At the end of the day I wanted a permanant contract that paid resonably well (in comparison to some others). I will give it a go and hopefully enjoy it.........if not then at least i tried. £ months eh? Thanks for your encouragement!!

euroboy
24th Jan 2001, 21:02
Hi Paul
I wasn`t sure if you flew already and I did not want you to think it was easy doing a 6 sector day. I have been lucky in never experiencing this although I know a couple of people at Easyjet, and I work with crew who`s partner`s are at Easy. I have just heard its a little hard going.

If you are interested BA Eurofleet(LHR)are recruiting permant cabin crew as are British Midland.
Good Luck.

Pab
25th Jan 2001, 13:04
Hi Euroboy,

My apologies for sounding rude. It's just that I am finding it rare to find anyone that actually has a good thing to say to me about EZY, which as a new recruit doesn't actually do alot for your confidence.

BA require a second language which I don't have to a high enough standard and therefore they are very rude when you even phone up and request an application form. B.Mid I have applied to about 5 months ago and got rejected at the first hurdle. I know exactly where I went wrong but cannot apply for another 2 months an who knows what EZY will bring?

An LHR base would be ideal for me as I live within 5 mins of it however I feel that I need to start somewhere and gain the relevant experience and then who knows?

I hope though that it is good fun as Chilled says. I am trying to ignore the negative comments I keep hearing on a regular basis.

Any views?

Cheers

Xenia
25th Jan 2001, 17:35
Hi Pab ;)
One of my collegues did actually work for EZY....
She said it was really hard work, but and the end of the day she enjoyed it http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/cool.gif

------------------
*************************Happy Landings! :)

euroboy
25th Jan 2001, 20:21
Hi Paul
BA don`t require a second language now. What they are looking for is a customer service qualifications eg. catering, nursing,and/or a second language. Take a look at there web site
www.britishairways.com (http://www.britishairways.com)
look under jobs and it will tell you all you need.

Pab
25th Jan 2001, 20:25
Hi,

I have spoken to BA on a number of occasions and they dismiss you on the telephone immediatly as I have neither a nursing or catering qualification. I am a 24 year old graduate with years of customer service exp - I have been a customer service centre team leader for over a year managing a team of 9 for a global software company and I have previous repping exp from working overseas for a major tour operator and I can't even get them to send me an application.

Pab

SPICEBOY
25th Jan 2001, 20:26
Hi Pab

My other half is with EZY at LPL and really enjoys it.

Night stops are available if you want them and vary from a simple min-rest to a four day block (EDI & AMS).I'm told that this last one will be finishing soon as EZY is opening it's own base at AMS.Still, I'm sure you'll enjoy it and remember , it's not where you go it's who you go with!

Good luck.

------------------
Once more onto the beach dear friends!

Pab
25th Jan 2001, 20:31
Hey Spiceboy

Cheers for that. My girlfriend is worried that I will be away loads but I keep telling her that won't be the case.

Does your other half have trouble surviving on the wages? I was wondering if you get to fly much on your standbye days and what a typical rostering month was like?

Thanks

Funny Flier
26th Jan 2001, 00:06
Hey Pab, Welcome to EZY! Whens your training course?
Life at EZY is actually very enjoyable, but as has been said before, very hard work.
Promotion prospects are excellent and the pay is relatively good.
The training and trainers are the best I've seen in the industry and i've been around....(in a good way!)

------------------

chilled
27th Jan 2001, 18:59
Hi Pab

Sorry it's taken a while for me to reply to you been busy at work.

Take no notice of the negative comments above, I'm sure you will really enjoy working at easyJet, It is hard work, and as for the 6 sector days, they are few and far between, it's not like you do them every day.

As for your leave, if I were you I would ring ahead and speak to the recruitment manager now, as when you start may be to late. Our rostering dept are taking requests for this years leave now!!

Look forward to meeting you soon, and good luck with your training.

Happy flying all :)

rekcarc
27th Jan 2001, 20:17
Hi Pab
Id just like to reiterate, dont listen to the negative comments about ezy. I have been at ezy for quite a while now having previously been crew at a charter airline.
Ezy is hard work but 6 sector days are not the norm, they are rare - 3 or 4 are average depending on the length of the sector. I would say charter is just as hard work but I would also say that passengers at ezy are not all like a lot of charter pax , we get a lot of nice regular pax. Both pilots and cabin crew at easyjet are almost all great people to work with - from your interview you will have got an idea from what we are like and that atmosphere follows through on line.
Our pay I would say is definitely on the better side to other lowcost and charter airlines . Give us a try , Im sure you will love it - orange is the way to be.

Pab
29th Jan 2001, 17:14
HI All,

Thanks for all your encouraging comments. I am really looking forward to starting at EZY now and my training course starts on 5th March.

As always with starting a new job I am quite apprehensive - especially as I have been working in a totally different industry - and the real worrying thing for me is salary.

I will be taking a significant salary cut to do this - but money isn't everything!!! I was wondering though how many of your satndby days a month would you usually fly? We were told at the interview a typical month was 12 days flying, 8 stanbys and 8 days off? Could someone verify this and perhaps let me know what their typical month is?

Once again, thanks for all your help, and I look forward to hopefully flying with some of you soon

Cheers
Paul

rekcarc
29th Jan 2001, 20:31
hi paul - regards salary at easyjet for the 1st 2 months you only get basic as 1st month is training and 2nd is training and flying but as sector pay is one month in arrears then you dont get a full wage until the 3rd month - take home pay as a new cc member on probation from month 3 will be around £900 but maybe more or less depending on how busy you are. its very hard to predict how many standbys you will work a month as it all depends on the operation on that day but i would say that you will be likely to be called out for about half your standbys or given changes prior to that.I hope this helps , my friend started about a year ago and her 1st full wage on probation was about £1100.00 take home but she had been really busy in her 1st month of flying - the pay does vary quite a lot - also bear in mind that promotion prospects at ej are very good and probation also is only for 6 months.
hope to fly with you soon

swizzle stick
29th Jan 2001, 20:49
Please - for you own sanity - don't do it. If you care about anything then you'll end up with a seriously messed-up head. Get out before you get in too deep!

rekcarc
31st Jan 2001, 00:25
swizzle stick

we are all quite sane and happy at ej

so pab , dont listen to the negatives - find out for yourself and |'m sure you will enjoy life at ej

pinkelephant
31st Jan 2001, 17:48
Blimey swizzlestick, who upset you at EJ?
No probs with them myself. So good luck to anyone who wants a part of it!