PDA

View Full Version : silkair assesment

oskar
28th Dec 2007, 12:46
Hi guys,
I have read certain comments about silkair positive and negative, I am wondering does anybody know what there assesment day involves. I have interview and sim on day one and if succesful, medical on day 2. All information would be grateful

oskar
1st Jan 2008, 16:57
Hi guys please please has anyone any information on silkair assesment

Dani
1st Jan 2008, 20:30
As far as I know: If they invite you, that's already half the rent. There will be some talk with managers and pilots and a sim ride. They also might check your license and log book very carefully, depending where you are from.

In the sim you do a few approaches but ILS, one OEI, GA and RTO. Either on a A320 or a A300, depending on availability.

These information are only second hand. I never applied for SLK. Generally all airlines in SIN do it the same way.

Dani

oskar
2nd Jan 2008, 11:40
hi dani thank you very muc for you feedback, fingers crossed and i will let you know how i get on.

ltjng
22nd Jan 2008, 09:01
Hi Oskar,

How's your interview?? I got thru last month, as FO.

May be we can share some info before we head off to SIN.

Chipmunkpac
8th Mar 2008, 06:33
My info might be bit out old, all straight forward since they are desperate, was assessed by a person of Indian origin same name as Russian fighter plane he was an instructor then sure must have climbed up the ladder by now seemed like a nose browner went on and on about how good he was and what all he done for the airline, was pre briefed by other who had gone through the process to start talking about house rental since the wife is an agent. So show interest that you would go through her, from here on all will be smooth you will be wined and dinned at home….i did not take the offer better options were available then.

newfreighter
11th Mar 2008, 02:00
you mean if you get a house rental deal thru his house agent wife you get the job if not, you dont? this is pure corruption and how can this be happening in singapore and in a singapore airlines subsidary company? any SQ/MI management or corrupt practice investigation bureau officers care to comment?

Chipmunkpac
13th Mar 2008, 13:07
Not exactly, but yes life becomes easier since one is new to the place and the system and it can go long way but I still believe it’s an unethical way of doing things. The rest can fill in more who have gone through him. If you are desperate you will have to pump his ego and listen to how great he is and the impression he was giving, was that without him the whole airline would collapse it was all ME ME and I… good I stayed away as I understand many have since left too.

newfreighter
13th Mar 2008, 15:04
i think you have made the right choice. and i believe the airline would be great WITHOUT these kind of "frog in the well" ego people around. all the best to your career.

Chipmunkpac
12th Apr 2008, 13:47
Can someone confirm if the slimy Indian toad is still there?

newfreighter
12th Apr 2008, 15:55
Unfortunately Heard Still There Not As Management But Instructor/line Pilot

Where Else Can He Go? He Would Not Survive Elsewhere

Chipmunkpac
13th Apr 2008, 00:08
Thanks, mean’s he is demoted because last I heard that he was the deputy/asst chief pilot…. Was not surprised at all he really knows how to grease, butter, bend backwards and forwards will do anything to be up there.